Force morale effect of a routed unit

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Fettster

Force morale effect of a routed unit

Post by Fettster »

HI,
I know it is totally clear that when a unit first breaks it makes roll to affect force morale, and if it is still broken at turn end then any attached leader causes a roll as a routed leader.

What about the team/section. We have been assuming that routing is the same as wiped out.

How have others been playing this? Is there an 'official' answer, I couldn't find one.

Leigh
Kind Regards

Leigh

Rolf

Re: Force morale effect of a routed unit

Post by Rolf »

Guys,

I'm giving this a bump....as it has popped up again.

We have several people of the view that a unit is does not take a Wiped Out test when it is removed from play (i.e. at the end of a Turn or leaves a table edge when it breaks).

So does a unit;

Take a force morale test when a unit Breaks?....we know, yes.

Take a force morale test when it is Wiped Out?...some are not so sure

Thus a unit tests twice , once when it breaks another when it routs...is that correct?

Cheers

Rolf

Kustenjaeger

Post by Kustenjaeger »

Greetings

The FAQ says:

"Q: When a unit is broken, do you roll when the unit routs off the board or at the moment it breaks? When do you roll for an accompanying leader?
A: Again the words in the rules are chosen with care. You test for the unit IMMEDIATELY it breaks. You only test for the Leader when he ROUTS, so that will only be if he leaves the table. This can occur when the unit breaks if the 2D6 +6” sees the Leader and the unit leave the table due to their proximity with the table edge, or at the end of the Turn when double Shock will see the unit plus any accompanying Leader rout."

If the section or team has already taken a test for Breaking in my view (unless rallied in between) it does not take another test if it routs off table. Wiped out means all men lost on table I think.

Regards

Edward

Rolf

Post by Rolf »

"If the section or team has already taken a test for Breaking in my view (unless rallied in between) it does not take another test if it routs off table. Wiped out means all men lost on table I think."

OK..so is not Routed off table at the end of a Turn thaw same as 'Wiped Out' otherwise what benefit is there to ending the Turn and forcing units to leave the table other than them not being there...albeit in a pretty bad state.

..is Wiped Out equal to removed from table at the end of a Turn?

Rolf

Kustenjaeger

Post by Kustenjaeger »

Greetings

A message on the yahoo group from Rich on 24 August said:

"You roll for force morale when the unit breaks, not when it leaves the table. HOWEVER, if any leader is with them when they are removed from the table you DO roll at that point for a Leader routing from the table.

You do not roll for a Leader breaking initially, only when he routs from the table."

He went on to confirm that a broken unit rallied then brioek again will have had to test twixe for force morale.

So I think Wiped Out is effectively killed/destroyed on table.

Edward

sunjester

Post by sunjester »

Rolf wrote: OK..so is not Routed off table at the end of a Turn thaw same as 'Wiped Out' otherwise what benefit is there to ending the Turn and forcing units to leave the table other than them not being there...albeit in a pretty bad state.
Rolf
The benefit is that you remove the remains of the unit from play, which may include a lmg, plus you remove it's junior leader and force another force morale test.
How much benefit do you want? :D

By using a senior leader as well as the junior I've seen lucky dice turn a routed section into a full effect lmg team in a couple of phases!

Graham

Fettster

Post by Fettster »

Can we bump this and get an 'official' reply from Rich as to what his intention was?
Kind Regards

Leigh

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Patience, grasshopper. :D Raiders is being sauteed to perfection and Rich is quite focused on it.

Fettster

Post by Fettster »

*Bump*

Would still like a ruling onthis when Rich has finished raiding
Kind Regards

Leigh

Fettster

Post by Fettster »

*Bump*
Kind Regards