Taking gembloux gap questions.

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Jiefu

Taking gembloux gap questions.

Post by Jiefu »

Hi, I'm playing this campaign v 2different opponent, being French in one and German in the other. Some different questions cropped up for me in each.

On one table I did a Stuka attack and have 2 UXB. We are playing on same table next game, are they still active? They didn't blow up on any turn ends.

In other campaign, French just won on table two, so campaign progresses two turns and to table 3. In option for field fortifications there is what seems to be a contradiction generated from this situation. It says that if you are playing on a table for first time, French can't chose field fortifications, however, it also says if you have the initiative you get a fortification for free. So does this mean the French can't buy a fortification from points, but get a free one?

Cheers. GT

calumma

Re: Taking gembloux gap questions.

Post by calumma »

The whole campaign is supposed to be over just a day or so I would play that Stuka damage (inc uxbs) are taken over to the next game when a game is played on the same table. Any smoke from buildings should be rolled for as though a turn has ended. I'd also extend this to any other damage that may have occurred on the table (wrecked vehicles and broken fences/hedges remain in place etc).

With regard to French defences the book states:

"If the French player holds the campaign initiative and chooses not to counter attack, they may select one of the defensive support options listed in green at no cost in support points, in addition to the other support options in the subsequent turn when they are defending."

French only get defences highlighted in green if they hold the initiative and do not counter attack. In the situation you describe, the French are not counter attacking but still playing on a new table. Since two campaign turns have elapsed it is reasonable to assume the French have time to build some static defences and do therefore get one of the green defences for free (although they probably shouldn't purchase any additional ones).

Now a question from me. I think there is a typo re German armour availability. The book states no armour in scenarios 2 & 4, but this should really be 1 & 4 I believe?

Jiefu

Post by Jiefu »

Thanks for the feedback, that was what I was thinking for both. In regard to German armour, I had noticed that too. In the German order of battle it says no armour in scenario 2 and 4, but in the scenarios it has no German armour in 1 and 4. We have assumed the latter condition applies, I expect the former is an error.

Cheers GT

MLB

Post by MLB »

I asked Rich the question about the UXBs and he said they don’t carry over to the next game. If they don’t go off during the first game then assume they are duds and remove them.
The Tactical Painter https://thetacticalpainter.blogspot.com
Painting little soldiers for tactical battles on the table top

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Sounds like we need a mini FAQ for this PSC?
Maybe sticked?

There ars a couple of other PSC's with similar threads too.

Was thinking it might be nice for new players to those PSC's to be able to find them.

I have the one for Malaya 42 saved

calumma

Post by calumma »

A mini FAQ would definitely be useful.

Here's another question. The scenarios are supposed to be exactly the same as those in the rulebook and Blitskrieg supplement (with the exception that support points are preset). In scenario 2, it has been clarified that the two culverts are different sizes and require engineer teams to roll 6 and 12 to set the charges. I'm therefore assuming that in scenario 3, the defending French can win by spending two full CoC dice just like in the Blitskrieg scenario in the supplement? In the PSC the victory conditions simply state that to win the Germans must exit the opposite table edge with 2 units.

Jiefu

Post by Jiefu »

Hmm. That is a good point. I assume the default rules for a scenario apply unless specifically stated otherwise.

Truscott Trotter

Yes scenario 3 seems to be missing this part from BK mission No 5

To call up support, the defender must play two full Chain of Command dice. However, at any point,
the attacker may use one of his own Chain of Command dice to reduce the attacker’s Chain of Command point total by three points.

I would play it with that in or its not the Blitzkrieg mission. :P

Truscott Trotter

Jiefu wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:25 pm
Thanks for the feedback, that was what I was thinking for both. In regard to German armour, I had noticed that too. In the German order of battle it says no armour in scenario 2 and 4, but in the scenarios it has no German armour in 1 and 4. We have assumed the latter condition applies, I expect the former is an error.

Cheers GT
I would agree and go with no armour in 1 and 4 - it makes sense when you read the blurb in the German list

Jiefu

Post by Jiefu »

MLB wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:45 pm
I asked Rich the question about the UXBs and he said they don’t carry over to the next game. If they don’t go off during the first game then assume they are duds and remove them.
Thanks for passing that info on. GT