Battles of the 100 Days - Scenarios

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Polish Lancer

Re: Battles of the 100 Days - Scenarios

Post by Polish Lancer » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:27 am

Finally got the opportunity for a closer drool over the book. Very nice as usual. I would like to see a little more consistency in the formatting of the troop lists as it tends to differ between scenarios. Example would the be the Prussians, having the Fusiliers listed separately to the musketeers and then later altogether. I realize the Fusiliers may over course be rated higher. Just a personal preference. My only other observations are below:

Charleroi – the Battle at Gilly
Prussian Forces (p22)
9pdr Foot Battery should be 6pdr Foot Battery

Quatre Bras – The Battle for the Crossroads
Bylandt’s Brigade
Foot Battery should be 6pdr Foot battery
Saxe-Weimar
Foot Battery should this be a 6pdr Horse Battery? Bijleveld’s Battery

Ligny – The Battle for Saint Amand
Prussian Forces
All 9pdr’s should be 6pdr’s

Waterloo – The Battle of Monty St Jean
Bylandt’s Brigade
Foot Battery should be 6pdr Foot battery

Waterloo – The Battle for Plancenoit
Prussian Forces
9pdr Foot Battery should be 6pdr Foot Battery

Waterloo – The Old Guard Attack
Detmer’s Brigade
9pdr Foot Battery is a 6pdr, but I suspect this was de Bichin’s Horse Battery.

john de terre neuve

Post by john de terre neuve » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:51 am

All interesting but 6 and 9pdr foot gun are both rated the same in the ruleset.

Actingashcroft

Post by Actingashcroft » Wed May 01, 2019 11:08 am

Has anyone played through any of the scenarios yet? I had a game planned but had to delay - I got engaged! So lots of family now feel the need to come down to London and see us over the next few weekends- that’s two bank holidays worth of painting time gone in a flash.
Im hoping the end of this month will come quickly and I can get a game in then. Would like to hear of others experience if they have any to tide me over until then though!
Cheers
AA

nikjen66

Post by nikjen66 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:30 am

Congratulations on the engagement AA. But, if you think it’s just two weekends lost, think again my friend!!!😂🤣😂😄

valleyboy

Post by valleyboy » Mon May 13, 2019 8:09 am

All this talk of whether it should be Vittoria, or 1809 Danube campaign, or something in 1813 or the 1814 defence of Paris campaign is befuddling Dave
How could one possibly choose - the obvious answer is that you'll just have to do the lot :lol: and of course all in time for yesterday :D

Just make those WWII fanboys wait for their rules - they can always play FOW in the interim :o
I've just set up the Ligny St Amand scenario on the table

bellebsc

Post by bellebsc » Mon May 13, 2019 9:43 am

What's wrong with doing a mixed scenario book and just doing the bigger battles over the years bith in Europe and Spain

DCRBrown

Post by DCRBrown » Fri May 17, 2019 4:06 pm

B,

Absolutely nothing wrong with that idea, however at the moment I'm opting for linked scenarios for the next campaign supplement and in future this might lend itself to a form of ladder campaign.

DB

Actingashcroft

Post by Actingashcroft » Tue May 21, 2019 8:41 pm

Sounds like very exciting stuff DB, I think if one could find anything at all to grumble about with the first supplement, it’s that it is ‘just’ a set of scenarios not a ‘campaign’ book. Nothing wrong with that, however I think the progression you describe above will add even more reason to buy into future pdfs- I’m already looking forward to see what you come up with.
AA

Actingashcroft

Post by Actingashcroft » Tue May 21, 2019 8:45 pm

nikjen66 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:30 am
Congratulations on the engagement AA. But, if you think it’s just two weekends lost, think again my friend!!!😂🤣😂😄
I have a surprise day off this Thursday where my time will be my own! I hope to finish the Scots Greys I started around the same time as I got engaged- literally every spare minute is filled with wedding plans 😂 I have done no gaming/no painting/no scenery making, how naive!
AA

Polish Lancer

Post by Polish Lancer » Wed May 22, 2019 2:06 am

Looking to play St Amand soon. So I have had a look, done the pregame reading and research and did some head scratching. Lutzow seems to have Hussars, which from what I am seeing his brigade at Ligny never had any. So I assumed that the Hussars listed are in fact part of Steinmetz's Brigade as he had the 4th (1st Silesian) assigned to his brigade. This unit appears to have been deployed north of Wagnelee. Thus being a fussy bugger, I am thinking of replacing them with the 6th Uhlans (Lutzow's Uhlans) as they where part of his brigade.

29th Infantry is also another tempting change, still thinking on that one. It was a Berg unit and from what I am reading the 1st battalion was mostly Berg Grenadiers and was considered a good quality unit. Thus probably a cut above the Prussian reserve norm.