Post by EQUITES » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:09 pm

........alleluja !!!!

Bought !!! 8-)
Michele

Richard
Site Admin

Re: Battles of the 100 Days - Scenarios

Post by Richard » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:11 pm

Please do nag Dave about more. I am very keen to expand this range.

Rich

bellebsc

Post by bellebsc » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Will this be released as a hard copy.... I don't own a printer 🙄😋

vlad48

Post by vlad48 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:50 pm

Will this be released as a hard copy.... I don't own a printer....

As I sometimes do, you can transfer your pdf file to a Memory Stick and take it to an Office or Printing business and get them to print it for you. It's an option.

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:20 pm

No. It will not be released as a hard copy. It is designed to be read on a tablet and the relevant pages printed out for a game.

Actingashcroft

Post by Actingashcroft » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:23 am

Excellent product. Well done to everyone involved!

I enjoyed the background before the scenarios- I’ve been lucky enough to have enjoyed a relatively large amount of reading on the 100days campaign (it’s been a passion in regards my reading) - David does a great job of summing up what happened and why and I appreciate his ‘special box’ comments on how he sees certain aspects of the historical perception of various factors.

The scenarios are interesting and look challenging for both sides, I think his focus on engagements that involve a good representation of the ‘allied’ army is great and the troop classes seem fair and thought out. I love that after Quatre Bras various brigades have units that have been folded together (Packs’ highland battalions for example and the 5th/8th militia of Bylandt) I presume due to casualties already received by that point in the campaign.

The price is very fair for what you get: solid looking scenarios (I’ll comment again once I’ve played some through) beautiful layout and design, and a good amount of historical overview (I plan to have some friends of mine read this section, they liked the look of a game I was playing but don’t have much previous exposure to Napoleonics).

Overall the pdf achieves exactly what I wanted from it- a kick up the arse to carry on painting my 10mm collection. It always helps to have ‘something to aim for’. I have a couple of units to paint (French) and then I’ll be able to do the Charleroi scenario. I had already planned on ordering Bylandts Brigade next, but I need to add another couple of batteries of Artillery to my shopping list too. All that means that I need to paint more of what I already have! British heavies, French heavies, limber teams and then I might just be able to persuade my better half that it’s time for me to spend more money on more ‘boys’ as she calls them 😆

Nice Job Reisswitz Press!
AA

john de terre neuve

Post by john de terre neuve » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:38 am

I had a nice read through yesterday and was quite impressed. The historical narrative was really well done and an enjoyable read.

The scenarios are well laid out (I am hoping they will not be too tight with 15mm on a 6x4' table). My biggest concern was not having the troops to play out the games but it looks like I will need very few proxies (a little short of French cavalry maybe) and although I have no Prussians, my friend Mike is in the process of gathering that army.

A job very well done and worth waiting for, I will encourage Dave though to get on with the Peninsular edition as planned.

I would also like him to put together a similar scenario book for Pickets Charge, I find the ACW a little more difficult to port over scenarios from other rulesets and OB's due to the small size of the infantry units.

Many thanks!

joe.harrison89

Post by joe.harrison89 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:28 pm

Brilliant supplement - thanks.

I have had mine printed locally - apparently the shop couldn't print it double sided for some reason. (Probably just got it wrong though).

bvera

Post by bvera » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:03 am

Joining the general praise for the book, after having the opportunity to read it yesterday.

Absolutely what I could have expected: lots of background historical info (although this is a campaign that I researched a lot personally), loved the blue boxes with Dave’s comments and very well detailed scenarios.

The edition is also outstanding in all fronts (book organisation, text lay out, photos and illustrations) , kudos to Reisswitz Press for keeping such high quality despite not planning to publish in physical format.

The recommendations for large and small scenarios plus the advice for 15mm and 28mm are a brilliant addition to the book. Maps are pretty clear too as well as scenario instructions (reinforcements, etc).

Including scenarios with Prussians was also a nice addition considering the widespread very Anglo-centric focus on this battle. I hope to start playing some of the scenarios in 20mm in not a distant future.

Finally, this book is an excellent template to attempt my own scenarios.

Hope to see new publications coming forward soon. Now to paint more 28mm French
Benito
...and visit my blog! http://mylardiesgames.blogspot.com.es/