Looking for a Napoleonic Game

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

rim66

Re: Looking for a Napoleonic Game

Post by rim66 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:55 am

I'd also mention "Bloody Big Battles". It is not aimed at the Napoleonic period but has been used for it and I think it will do a good job, possibly with a few mods. We've played quite a bit recently and really like the rules. Simple and intuitive to grasp but challenging nonetheless.

Kind regards,

Richard

Chris68

Post by Chris68 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:30 pm

Archdukek wrote:Some of us are currently play testing a new TFL Napoleonic game being developed by the author of La Feu Sacre but that is still some way off from possible publication.

John
-----------------------------
Can you say anything about the rules, the scale of battles it caters to?
Diolch yn Fawr,
Chris

Peter Gilder: "I'm open for surrenders between 9 and 7."

Chris68

Post by Chris68 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:31 pm

rim66 wrote:I'd also mention "Bloody Big Battles". It is not aimed at the Napoleonic period but has been used for it and I think it will do a good job, possibly with a few mods. We've played quite a bit recently and really like the rules. Simple and intuitive to grasp but challenging nonetheless.

Kind regards,

Richard
--------------------------------
To be honest Rich, I wouldn't really know too much about modding any wargame rules because I'm new to it all.
Diolch yn Fawr,
Chris

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:16 pm

Chris68 wrote:
Archdukek wrote:Some of us are currently play testing a new TFL Napoleonic game being developed by the author of La Feu Sacre but that is still some way off from possible publication.

John
-----------------------------
Can you say anything about the rules, the scale of battles it caters to?
"General Bonaparte Meets Chain of Command", the rules current working title, puts the player in the role of a Divisional Commander controlling the actions of 2-3 Brigadiers each of whom will command roughly 4-6 battalions of infantry typically, plus 1-2 attached artillery batteries and possibly some light cavalry. Roughly 12-15 units per side. Very much at the lower level, tactical end of Napoleonic combat which is what I personally enjoy. Not a ruleset for fighting larger Corps and Army level actions.

The link to Chain of Command is in the use of Command Dice to determine what if any units can be activated in any turn. Orders can be cascaded down the command chain to activate individual units.

It's great fun and even in its current Work in Progress form is my current favourite Napoleonic ruleset. :)

John

Chris68

Post by Chris68 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:03 am

Thanks John

I'm looking forward to it
Diolch yn Fawr,
Chris

rim66

Post by rim66 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:30 am

Re mods - fully understand but it is something myself and friends are looking at and so it should be public at some point.

Kind regards,

Richard

john de terre neuve

Post by john de terre neuve » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:36 pm

It's great fun and even in its current Work in Progress form is my current favourite Napoleonic ruleset. :)
ditto