Martian wars

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

andy_cole

Martian wars

Post by andy_cole »

I thought I would start a new thread for this in the appropriate sub forum this time. :D

I've received my All Quiet on the Martian Front box, (or the first one at least) and having skimmed over the rules I am more determind to use Q13 for this setting.
So my first question is tech levels, Earth forces are WWI with steam tank technology, would this be tech level 0, with the martian walkers at tech level 2?

Any thoughts or input from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Archdukek

Re: Martian wars

Post by Archdukek »

My Martians have yet to arrive so haven't thought this through, but would there be a case for making the Americans Tech Level 0 and the British Tech Level 1 to reflect the slightly more advanced state of their technology stimulated by the reverse engineering of the Martian kit from the first invasion? I should declare an interest since I majored on British kit for the game.
Unless Robert Avery pronounces, I suspect this might be a case of try it and see what works best.
John

andy_cole

Post by andy_cole »

That seems fairly sensible, I'm going with the US forces, to be honest I'm just using the models to do a VSF game, probably based on mars, and using some of the Black Hat martian empire british minis as my infantry.
I am hoping Robert Avery takes the hard work out of the tripod list though...

Vis Bellica

Post by Vis Bellica »

Haven't had mine through yet, and will properly stat the sides once I get them, but tech level 0 for the humans and 2 for the Martians seems right to me. I'd differentiate between the Americans and the British with strike and armour values rather than tech level.

agent_pumpkin

Post by agent_pumpkin »

Or you could just make the majority of the Brits tech level 0 and the give them tech level 1 bits and pieces for the reverse engineered stuff.
Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

bernard02

Post by bernard02 »

Vis Bellica wrote:Haven't had mine through yet, and will properly stat the sides once I get them, but tech level 0 for the humans and 2 for the Martians seems right to me. I'd differentiate between the Americans and the British with strike and armour values rather than tech level.
What makes it differ, when in fact the game is only the same?

Vis Bellica

Post by Vis Bellica »

Sorry, didn't understand the question?

Did you mean what effect do different tech levels have? Or something else?