OK, I've had enough of Infamy & Deployment!

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Captain Reid

Re: OK, I've had enough of Infamy & Deployment!

Post by Captain Reid »

25 points isn't much for the Romans, but if they're attacking then two scouts (2 points), one unit of allied tribal cavalry (7 points) a status II Leader (6 points), and perhaps some allied noble cavalry (10 points), isn't a bad shout. Lots of scouting potential - and if you're coupling it with the equitata-based force, you'll potentially either remove every enemy ambush point, or at least convert them to DPs.
The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have all the facts and solutions. All we have to do is to wake up and change. - Greta Thunberg

The Saindoux Campaign, French & Indian War blog

Cerro Manteca, Peninsular War blog.

Waterhorse

Post by Waterhorse »

Actually, that looks like a good combo to add to the Cohors Peditatae list I've drawn for the Foraging Party game next time round. I'll make the Status 2 a local leader, to keep the Surly possibility under some kind of control if it turns up on the dice roll! 😄

Paul H

Post by Paul H »

My optios use their special rule more often than not. Sometimes with the whole formation, sometimes with a "forlorn hope" detachment.

In my solo games the Romans have lost 5 out of 7. However they are doing better now they have used the "learning by doing" technique to study the ambush rules.