Emporer portraits

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

siggian

Emporer portraits

Post by siggian »

For those of you with Roman forces, you might be interested in what your big guy looked like:

https://voshart.com/ROMAN-EMPEROR-PROJECT

Basically, the author digitized the known contemporaneous portraits or sculptures (or shortly thereafter) and used AI to colour the images. He adjusted the images based on coin images, descriptions, and other known features.

Waterhorse

Re: Emporer portraits

Post by Waterhorse »

That's one of the most amazing things I've seen in a long while. It really brings the individuals to life!

Capt Fortier

Post by Capt Fortier »

Waterhorse wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:24 pm
That's one of the most amazing things I've seen in a long while. It really brings the individuals to life!
I second that statement! A combination of art and science to provide a fascinating insight. Many thanks for sharing
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Waterhorse

Post by Waterhorse »

Not to mention that one of those portrayed is a woman!

Could not believe it! I had never heard of Ulipia Severina until I saw her picture! OK may have only been for a few months but plenty of dead beats and wannabes tried it on. Got elected and had coins struck - Empress of Rome as far as I’m concerned, good for her!