Infamy Infamy The Movie Pt 4 - mistake or am I missing something?

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

gcoops

Infamy Infamy The Movie Pt 4 - mistake or am I missing something?

Post by gcoops »

Hello All

Just watching the Infamy Infamy The movie Part four on YouTube. Romans vs Brits.

I know Rich sometimes makes mistakes in his demos so can someone please clarify whether I am missing something on the following.

So the combat at 48:17 appears to go on for a long time with multiple rounds. Is this because Rich is rolling separately for 2 groups in combat on each side - hence why he includes bonus for aggressive attack and ferocious attack twice? It's not quite clear.

Then at 53.20 the Romans get 1 casualty and RIch rolls to see if it's a leader and rolls a 1 and says he is wounded again. However, I thought that you had to roll under the number of casualties, so a leader can only be hurt when there are 2 or more casualties?

Archdukek

Re: Infamy Infamy The Movie Pt 4 - mistake or am I missing something?

Post by Archdukek »

My understanding is that you always resolve combats Group by Group and not by Formation or Mob. So you need to assess the number of dice for each group separately which is why the combat seems to go on for a time.

Normally you don’t need to roll for a Leader casualty if there was only 1 kill, but Warlords can elect to add additional dice to a combat. If they do they need to deduct 1 from the dice roll for each additional dice. So they could be wounded when only 1 kill is received. See Warlords on page 72.

John