Southern Fried Lard (October 6th, 2018 in Richmond, VA)

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

edleland

Southern Fried Lard (October 6th, 2018 in Richmond, VA)

Post by edleland » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:14 pm

Folks,

In an attempt to start the ball rolling on non-HMGS convention Lard Days, I'd like to announce Southern Fried Lard in Richmond, VA on October 6th, 2018. The idea here is to start small (le petit Lard?) then see where it takes us over time. The concept is to run two simultaneous games during both a morning and an afternoon session, which would give us a maximum of 10 players (GM plus 4 players per table). If there is more interest than that, we'll fire and adjust... Two sessions will allow everyone to get to play at least one game and not just GM the whole time. My one regret from Historicon is that I didn't get to actually play as much Lard as I wanted as I was busy running things!

October 6th places us 2 weeks after Southern Front and 5 weeks before Fall In, so hopefully it doesn't conflict with any other regional gaming events. It should also allow folks to either test their games for Fall In or run something they ran at Southern Front if they want, minimizing some of the game planning burden.

Anyway, please let me know if you are interested in attending. More details to follow as this gets firmed up!

Current Attendee List:

1 - Ed Leland
2 - Caleb Gutshall
3 - John Emmett
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Current Game List:

AM 1 - Relief of Sorokino (Big CoC, Eastern Front, 1942)[Ed Leland]
AM 2 -
PM 1 -
PM 2 -

Thanks!
Ed Leland

Neal Smith

Re: Southern Fried Lard (October 6th, 2018 in Richmond, VA)

Post by Neal Smith » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:29 pm

I'll spread the word! I won't be able to make it because of a previously scheduled thing, but will make the next one!

hayeswauford

Post by hayeswauford » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:40 am

Would Pickett's Charge be acceptable? I might be able to do a good sized 40mm game. Love this concept.

edleland

Post by edleland » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:58 pm

Neal,

Thanks for spreading the word! Hopefully you'll be able make it next time, as we'll be trying to do this on a recurring basis.

Hayes,

Pickett's Charge would be great! I got your email and replied.

Thanks!
Ed

edleland

Post by edleland » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:59 pm

Folks,

Here's our first update for Southern Fried Lard as it looks like we have enough interest to make it a go! Right now we have 4 games covering the gamut of Lard with Chain of Command, Sharp Practice, I Ain't Been Shot Mum and Pickett's Charge on the schedule. There's no need to run a game if you just want to show up and play, but if you'd like to run a game, please let me know and we'll make space for you!

October 6th places us 2 weeks after Southern Front and 5 weeks before Fall In, so hopefully it doesn't conflict with any other regional gaming events. It should also allow folks to either test their games for Fall In or run something they ran at Southern Front if they want, minimizing some of the game planning burden.

Anyway, please let me know if you are interested in attending. My email is edleland AT gmail.com for those with questions or wishing to attend. Now to plan the logistics in more detail! I'll have a tentative schedule for everyone in the next update.

Current Attendee List:

1 - Ed Leland
2 - Caleb Gutshall
3 - John Emmett
4 - Patrick Berkebile
5 - Joe Moore
6 - Hayes Wauford
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Current Game List:

AM 2 - A British Foothold at Fort Sole (SP2, FIW)[John Emmett]
PM 1 - Assault on Bigeard (IABSM, 1940 France)[Patrick Berkebile]
PM 2 - Gaines Mill (40mm Pickett's Charge)[Hayes Wauford]

Thanks!
Ed Leland

edleland

Post by edleland » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:41 pm

Folks,

We are two weeks out, so it’s time to finalize our plans and lock everything in. It looks like we may have a full house for this and I can’t wait!

Here’s our schedule, which I will try to keep to so folks who are traveling can get back on the road at a reasonable time.

0930 Doors open / Setup
1000 AM Games Start
1300 Lunch / Tear Down AM / Setup PM
1400 PM Games Start
1700 PM Games End / Clean Up
1800 Dinner
1900 Open Evening Gaming

For Lunch, we’ll have pizza delivered so please let me know if you have any preferences on type. For drinks, water, Diet Coke and beer will be on hand, but feel free to supplement and share!

The “official” schedule ends with the PM gaming session, but for those that can stay on, we’ll have some open gaming in the evening (What a Tanker, Pick up Chain of Command, Board Games) and Jenny (my wife) will cook dinner for us. We have both a guest room and couch space available if things go too late...

So what do I need from you?
A - confirm that you are attending
B - provide AM session game preference (SP2 or CoC)
C - whether you are staying for dinner/ evening gaming

I’m really looking forward to seeing you all!

Thanks!
Ed Leland

Current Attendee List:

1 - Ed Leland
2 - Caleb Gutshall
3 - John Emmett
4 - Patrick Berkebile
5 - Joe Moore
6 - Hayes Wauford
7 - Pete Hamilton
8 - Ron Carnegie
9 - Jon Yuengling
10 - Henry Graham
11 - Adam Minter (possible)

Current Game List:

AM 2 - A British Foothold at Fort Sole (SP2, FIW)[John Emmett]
PM 1 - Assault on Bigeard (IABSM, 1940 France)[Patrick Berkebile]
PM 2 - Gaines Mill (40mm Pickett's Charge)[Hayes Wauford]

EmileRom

Southern Fried Lard October 6th 2018 in Richmond VA

Post by EmileRom » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:30 pm

Sounds like a fine idea Stephen.
I trust you would allow some Coloradoans to join.
That is, if can get over the hills to Grand Jct.

Norm