3D Printed Tokens? (And a quick rules question)

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

WaywardOak

3D Printed Tokens? (And a quick rules question)

Post by WaywardOak »

After playing a 3 player, 6 tank game of WAT today I've gotten a little paranoid about losing any of my tokens. It'd be pretty trivial to model and 3d print some more. Would it be useful to anyone if I threw the STL files (once I make them anyway) up on Thingiverse? Is this the kind of thing the guys at Lard HQ would take offense to if they happen to be lurking the forum?

Also my quick rules question: I realized halfway through our game today that we had been letting each other keep our Aimed status after forcing our target to reverse from a Superficial Blow, so having the Reload/Shoot dice to keep firing should have been wasted without the dice to re-Aim. Is this the correct interpretation? This situation actually came up about 4 times in the same game oddly enough.

Derek H

Re: 3D Printed Tokens? (And a quick rules question)

Post by Derek H »

WaywardOak wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:42 am
Also my quick rules question: I realized halfway through our game today that we had been letting each other keep our Aimed status after forcing our target to reverse from a Superficial Blow, so having the Reload/Shoot dice to keep firing should have been wasted without the dice to re-Aim. Is this the correct interpretation? This situation actually came up about 4 times in the same game oddly enough.
A reverse after a superficial hit is a move, so aim is lost.
All the Lard News in one place - Lard Central http://www.netvibes.com/lardcentral
Pimping my blog - Dereks Wee Toys http://dereksweetoys.com/

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Yup after the reverse the procedure is :
1.) Change underpants
2.) Reacquire aim

BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Truscott Trotter wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:59 am
1.) Change underpants
2.) Reacquire aim
So should there be a minus on reacquiring aim if the crew don't have a change of (hopefully clean/er) underpants? It is notoriously hard to spot something when you're gagging and/or your eyes are watering....
No plan survives first contact with the dice.

Wulf

Post by Wulf »

I could devise a set of penalties dependant on nationality & service, but that would be barred as racist or somesuch...

WaywardOak

Post by WaywardOak »

Truscott Trotter wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:59 am
1.) Change underpants
2.) Reacquire aim
Actually this kept being a problem for the aggressor and not the target. Someone would roll multiple 4s and 5s but didn't have a spare 3 or 6 to get the gun back on target after the first shot. This was actually a little frustrating for me playing a Tiger, after one-hit-KOing a Sherman on the second turn I was largely ineffective for the rest of the game largely due to dice shenanigans and my opponents taking full advantage of it. Surprisingly in the end it was a regular Sherman and not the Firefly on the field that took me out because I managed to roll nothing on my armor roll against his 3 hits on the strike roll.

That isn't to say I didn't have a blast of course, you just have to go into WAT knowing the insanity introduced by fickle dice gods is part of the fun of the game.

Wulf

Post by Wulf »

WaywardOak wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:32 am
That isn't to say I didn't have a blast of course, you just have to go into WAT knowing the insanity introduced by fickle dice gods is part of the fun of the game.
I don't know which I prefer - early war tanks that nibble away at one another, one die at a time largely ineffectually, or late war tanks that bounce shot after shot off one another until someone manages a 3-hit strike and the target goes boom...

SteveBurt

Post by SteveBurt »

Funnily enough we had it the other way round in our games.
The early war tanks shot ineffectually and then blew up.
The late war ones nibbled away and slowly lost dice.

stevothedivo

Post by stevothedivo »

Oh crap....wish I'd seen this post first
Doh! Anyway, my take on the markers are in the relevant forum post.
Soz for the double posting I guess...
:(

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

I frankly doubt there is any need to panic about losing tokens. With the exception of the button they are the same as the set of tokens sold for IABSM. They are produced by Warbases who I'm sure will continue to produce them to TFL's order.

Frankly you don't need them, any small counter would do, but they do look pretty.

John