German Tanks in "What a Tanker"

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Wulf

Re: German Tanks in "What a Tanker"

Post by Wulf »

Grey Wolf wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 9:46 am
I'd be keen to see what you come up with.
No promises on a timetable :D

Other tanks of note, AC1, 2, 3 & 4 Sentinel, Ram I, II & III, Vickers Medium 1, 2 & 3, Dicker Max, etc.

Groupe_Franc

Post by Groupe_Franc »

Reminds me of a funny story about Command Decision. A member of a group was a fan of big German tanks and convinced the group to play a "if you own it, you may use it" so he could use his Maus. The Allies brought their Pershings, Comets, Churchills etc. They closed on the beast and took their losses. I guess the Maus player was purring. The Allies then pulled their tanks back. The Maus-er was confused until one of the Allied players placed a perfectly painted and marked model of the Enola Gay on top of the Maus. End of game.

Grey Wolf

Post by Grey Wolf »

Groupe_Franc wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:11 pm
Reminds me of a funny story about Command Decision. A member of a group was a fan of big German tanks and convinced the group to play a "if you own it, you may use it" so he could use his Maus. The Allies brought their Pershings, Comets, Churchills etc. They closed on the beast and took their losses. I guess the Maus player was purring. The Allies then pulled their tanks back. The Maus-er was confused until one of the Allied players placed a perfectly painted and marked model of the Enola Gay on top of the Maus. End of game.
hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! that is funny as hell.

GreyWolf

PatG

Post by PatG »

Wulf wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 10:08 am
Grey Wolf wrote:
No promises on a timetable :D

Other tanks of note, AC1, 2, 3 & 4 Sentinel, Ram I, II & III, Vickers Medium 1, 2 & 3, Dicker Max, etc.
Someone's been playing World of Tanks. ;) (My TOG is in the mail)

Wulf

Post by Wulf »

PatG wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 11:08 pm
Someone's been playing World of Tanks. ;) (My TOG is in the mail)
Frequently... However, my choices are also influenced by what's available in 10mm scale or thereabouts (10mm, 12mm, 1:144, 1:150, 1:160...), and the small manufacturers, especially in Resin, have been making more & more vehicles from WoT recently. Which is fine by me, as the Ram and Sentinel were of far more interest to me than the Tiger or IS-3!

What I have realised is that, since I mainly wargame the Fall of France & Barbarossa, the majority of my 'odd' tanks are pre-war or early war, or else British...

Wulf

Post by Wulf »

Going back to a previous post:
Grey Wolf wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:09 am
looking for stats for:
Tiger P
The stats for the Porsche Tiger prototype are identical to those of the Tiger 1 - they have the same turret, same gun, pretty much the same speed. Frontal hull armour is a bit better on the 'P', but probably not enough to give it a +1 on Armour.

Wulf

Post by Wulf »

Grey Wolf wrote:
Wulf wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 9:34 am
I intend to do a load of additional tanks for WaT ....
Resurrecting this thread, I posted my spreadsheet to the WaT! Facebook page, since that allows posting Excel files!

Grey Wolf

Post by Grey Wolf »

Will check it out

GW