German Tanks in "What a Tanker"

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Grey Wolf

German Tanks in "What a Tanker"

Post by Grey Wolf »

Could some one tell me if there are currently any rules in "What a Tanker" for the Maus or E-100 I have both models in 15mm scale and been trying to find a game to use them in.

I know neither were in a combat role and the E-100 was only on paper. The maus having two prototypes built which only one actually was able to be driven.

But I love the look of the E-100, and the E-50/E-25's and wish to use them in a game... I understand if its not in the rules I got plenty of other German tanks which I can use... but it would be fantastic to actually be able to field my E-100.

Cheers
GW

Truscott Trotter

Re: German Tanks in "What a Tanker"

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Nope only the main MBT's that actually fought are in the rules......but I am sure there are some on this forum that could help you work out your own stats.

I would suggest for the Maus a RAF rule (or USAAF for our TA Cousins): When someone shoots off a track or wheel and disables the monster the crew realise that the RAF Lancasters or Mosquitos will not be far behind and the crew legs it :lol: :P

Grey Wolf

Post by Grey Wolf »

Thx Truscott

I certainly like that rule regarding the Maus... it would have been a big fear for the crew of the Maus,

I would prefer fielding the E-100 as that is my Favourite of the two.

Ordering the rules for next pay day as my son and I have a reasonable amount of 15mm tanks sitting around gathering dust.

Cheers
GW

Truscott Trotter

Same here GW WaT works fine in 15mm.

I would like to see some interesting missions tho
That might extend its longevity as a game,

I beleive Rich and Nick are working on some mini campaigns for it so maybe some in there.

Grey Wolf

Post by Grey Wolf »

really looking forward to having a game with him. been watching youtube vids about the game and I like the ease of the game play but it has depth and seems something the both of us can get into. he turned 10 today and has started to follow me into some of my other games but he is a tank fan and has both Soviet and US tanks. While I have German and Finns tanks.

Cheers
GW

Grey Wolf

Post by Grey Wolf »

I am thinking about buying the "What a Tanker" pdf but are there any printable tokens? just not got funds for the acrylic tokens [the $NZD is not great vs the $GBP]

hoping to get a game in this weekend against my Sons Soviet tanks.
I got all the big cats and he has the usual russian tanks KV1, KV2, T-34's, even gave him a captured Tiger tank so I took a captured Sherman firefly...

time to dust off the 15mm terrain and tanks...

EDIT: caved and found some extra $$ and got the PDF download + tokens... having a read of the rules tonight

Cheers
GW

Truscott Trotter

Ha i was going to say we just used small coloured dice ....before our tokens arrived
:lol:

Grey Wolf

Post by Grey Wolf »

lol I did find some small dice that I will use as tokens until the acrylics arrive.

So how would one work out tank stats?
looking for stats for:
Tiger P
E-100
Super Perishing

Cheers
Grey Wolf

Wulf

Post by Wulf »

I intend to do a load of additional tanks for WaT primarily for my own use based on the tanks I have minis for that aren't in the book, using the stats in the game 'World of Tanks' as a basis for comparison. The Maus will be on the list but not the E-100, as I don't have a 10mm scale mini.,.. yet...

I'll just be comparing armour values & gun penetration values to existing tanks, and judging by that.

Grey Wolf

Post by Grey Wolf »

Wulf wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 9:34 am
I intend to do a load of additional tanks for WaT primarily for my own use based on the tanks I have minis for that aren't in the book, using the stats in the game 'World of Tanks' as a basis for comparison. The Maus will be on the list but not the E-100, as I don't have a 10mm scale mini.,.. yet...

I'll just be comparing armour values & gun penetration values to existing tanks, and judging by that.
I'd be keen to see what you come up with.

Cheers
Grey Wolf