Cold War Tanking

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Kj7574

Re: Cold War Tanking

Post by Kj7574 »

Btw, those ratings are completely inconsistent with WaT. When I tried to be consistent with the original, the ARMOR and STRIKE get huge, especially when including current MBTs. So I changed the ratings to be consistent with each other, but not the original WaT. My ratings for modern tanks range from ARMOR=2 on a PzIV (Arab-Israeli wars) to ARMOR=12 on a M2A2(SEP).
Peter

Post by Peter »

Seems a reasonable approach.
alihashmtanker

Post by alihashmtanker »

thanks for those. I understand you reset the scale with your ratings and it totally makes sense.

I have a general question about ratings. I haven't played that much, but the guys I play with have said that the later war (WW2) tans are more interesting because the higher numbers result in more decisive engagements. I interpret that as "things go boom quicker". I'm wondering whether you see engagements with these vehicles with these ratings as quick and decisive, or not so much.
Kj7574

Post by Kj7574 »

I think it's more about the difference between the strike and armor than anything. If strike is much larger than armor, the target won't be around for long.
Peter

Post by Peter »

If you're only hitting with 3 dice, you're chance of a hit are slim, so yes, early War tanks can hang around for a long time.
BaronVonWreckedoften

Post by BaronVonWreckedoften »

Peter wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:32 pm If you're only hitting with 3 dice, you're chance of a hit are slim, so yes, early War tanks can hang around for a long time.
Question for (early) WW2 buffs: How realistic does that sound?
No plan survives first contact with the dice.