Smoke anyone?

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

comdotski

Smoke anyone?

Post by comdotski »

On a roll from my Anti-Tanker post, I thought I'd post an initial draft for adding Smoke into WaT!

Thoughts??

Tim

Smoke it Up!
For some extra ‘cat and mouse’ in your games, this rule expands the ‘What a Tanker!’ rules to allow for the firing of Smoke to obscure your opponent or you!

Method 1
Fire Smoke using the gun. Do this by using an original LOAD command die and then an immediate WILD die. To keep things simple, the Smoke must also be fired in the same player activation. Failure to fire wastes the WILD die, but leaves the tank Loaded and otherwise ready to Fire again in a later activation. If already loaded the Tanker may choose to fire smoke by again using a WILD dice prior to firing.
Normal to hit procedures are followed and another Tank or ATG must be the target. If missed, no Smoke is placed. If hit, then Smoke is place on the target and firing through or into it treats the target as Heavily Obscured.

Method 2:
Fire Smoke using smoke dischargers. Do this by using an original MOVE die and then an immediate WILD die. No movement dice are rolled, instead, Smoke is placed on the activated tank. This Smoke has the same effect as for Method 1.

Players may wish to place limits on this, by:
- Limiting a tank to use of one of each or either Smoke method per game
- Limiting this ability to certain tanks by assigning the attribute Smoke to be the only tanks able to use this ability
- Combine the above two limits to further restrict the use of Smoke
- Add a Tanker card to be able to place Smoke using Method 2 (Quick Puff)

All Smoke placed should be about the size of your largest tank in the game.

Smoke is removed at the end of the turn after it is placed. To remember this, mark Smoke still on the table in Phase 1 for removal in Phase 3. Smoke placed in Phase 2 is not marked for removal.
alihashmtanker

Re: Smoke anyone?

Post by alihashmtanker »

Nice addition. Smoke seems to me to be overly overlooked in most gaming....