Couple of Questions

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

jarhead60mm

Couple of Questions

Post by jarhead60mm » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:36 am

We're going to play our first game this Thursday. I've got a couple of questions though.

Pg. 33
"A tank that is deployed in the edge of wood is a major obstacle for acquisition, but can look out of the wood without penalty."
OK, got it.

"Tanks that are within 4” of the edge of a wood may be observed (and acquired), counting their cover as a major obstacle (needing two TARGET
ACQUISITION dice)"
My question here is, what if any penalty does the tank 4" in the woods have for trying to acquire a target outside of the woods?

Pg. 44 "Impossible Hits"
Just wondering what the line of thought is. If a tank can't be hit in the hull due to it's position, why does it still lose a Command Die to permanent damage?

Thanks in advance,

Terry

Greg Bradfield

Re: Couple of Questions

Post by Greg Bradfield » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:46 am

There is a difference in being within 4" of the woods edge and being 4" in the woods.

Within 4" tank can fire out without penalties but fired at will get cover bonus.

Being 4" in the wood can't fire and can't be fired at. Just too much terrain between it and the target.

GReg

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:54 am

I would say there is a bit missing - if you are not at the edge but within 4" you should suffer a penalty to observe outside the woods just like an enemy trying to acquire you from outside does.
This means there is a difference between being at the edge of the wood and being within 4" of the edge
Personally I would count it as a minor obstacle as against a major one for troops looking into the wood.
It is easier to see out of a wood than into one

jarhead60mm

Post by jarhead60mm » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Greg and Truscott,

Thanks for your replies. Very much appreciated.

Terry