Reinforcing Brigades

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Reinforcing Brigades

Postby EQUITES » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:37 pm

This topic is not completely covered by rules then I wonder how to manage them...
Many scenarios dictate when marching reinforcements arrive and where they arrive (usually).
I suppose that they enter with normal movement starting by table edge
and the following turn they have to receive "redeploy task" in order to be assigned in the battle line or put in Reserve on table.
What do you think ?
Michele
EQUITES

Re: Reinforcing Brigades

Postby Archdukek » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Hi Michele,
I'm not sure that I understand the problem, the section on page 23 seems clear enough to me.

The rules assume that the arrival point and arrival time of reinforcing brigades are specified in advance as part of the scenario and that will determine which part of the battle line it will operate in. As it says in the paragraph on page 23 they then operate like any other brigade as soon as they arrive on table.

This is without any need for a redeploy tasking, unless you have decided that you want the reinforcements to go into reserve for subsequent commitment or if you want to use them in a different part of the battlefield. Otherwise they can swing straight into action though I would expect that you might well want to give them an Infantry Assault or Forwards tasking when they arrive.

Or am I missing something?

John
Archdukek

Re: Reinforcing Brigades

Postby EQUITES » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:53 am

Hi John,
based on your answer when a brigade enters, the player has to declare which place into battle line will join within the sector of tabletop (left , center, right) who entered (for example between brigade A and B or behind brigade B).
On the contrary if the player want to change sector of battlefield or put it in Reserve, then he has to spend ADCs for Redeploy Task.
Ok, it makes sense. Thank You!
Michele
EQUITES

Return to General d'Armee