retire

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

retire

Postby thomalley » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:52 pm

In some places it mentions that a retire result cause 1 casualty. Does this include when supports are force to retire because of a retreat or rout of the primary unit? Does that mean if you have 3 supports, each receives a hit. That's how I would read it.
thomalley

Re: retire

Postby Archdukek » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:37 am

The definition of Retiring on page 85 makes no mention of retiring units receiving any casualties. However, when a lead unit is forced to Retire as a result of a failure in the Charge Procedure then in some cases it incurs the additional penalty of losing 1 casualty. A Lead unit which Retreats or Routs incurs additional casualties.

I suspect this additional penalty is only intended to apply to the lead unit rather than to any supports, although the definition of the Retire result on page 49 certainly does refer to "Retiring units lose an additional casualty." This would imply that any retiring support units should each receive one casualty as well. There is no such similar mention in the definition of Retreat or Rout results on the same page.

So far I have played it that the casualty penalty only applyies to the lead unit with no effects on supports, but you could be right and each should receive a hit.

John
Archdukek

Return to General d'Armee