Falter elite or not elite.

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

bellebsc

Falter elite or not elite.

Post by bellebsc »

Hi John.

I know this question has definitely been asked but do you think I can find it.

A brigade of 6 battalion of which 3 are elite and 3 are line lost 1 of their elite battalions , some point later in the game the brigade falters again. Do we still class the brigade to its higher class being as being mixed in their ratings on the faltering table or does it now convert to the veteran and line table due to now having less elite units in the brigade ?

I'll probably find the question now that I've asked because that's how the world works 😂

Cheers

Ricky

nikjen66

Re: Falter elite or not elite.

Post by nikjen66 »

Hi Ricky,

I’ve always read this as the status of the brigade at the point it takes the test. I don’t think the rules are definitive on this but they also don’t say at which point you determine the quality. The example in the rules seems to be saying what the brigade make up is at the time.

It makes sense that if all the brigades best troops have gone that you should test as the ‘now’ quality as the remaining troops will surely feel the impact more. And vice versa if better quality troops are left would they be as worried if all the clowns have buggered off maybe not but, that’s why they’re taking the falter test to check?

Just my thoughts.

bellebsc

Post by bellebsc »

Hi mate.

That was my thinking also, the status of the brigade at the time it takes its test is more realistic to the situation at that moment not so much at the beginning of the game.

Ricky

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Hi Ricky,
I’m away from home at the moment and don’t have the rules readily to hand, but it does seem logical that you assess the status of the brigade at the point you are conducting the test.

John

Cearapeter

Post by Cearapeter »

Hello All

I would take moral at the time of making the test.

With regard to the 'moral 'of a brigade that has several different 'moral classifications' within it, I take the average at the time of the test. In the event where there is a 50/50 split e.g. 50% line and 50% veteran you take the higher moral grading (page 35).

CP