ADC Cards

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

dakkadakka

ADC Cards

Post by dakkadakka »

This is kind of a “hail Mary” post, it here goes.

Awhile back I was thumbing through some blogs and I saw an instance where someone had made up cards for each of the ADC taskings. The top half of each card had a picture, as well as the name of the tasking; and, the bottom half of the card had an explanation of the rule for that particular tasking. These would be a great help explaining the game to newcomers, as well as an improvement over counters.

I intended to try and contact the person who made those beautiful cards to see if I could beg/borrow/buy/steal/etc the files So I could print some out for myself. However, I did not bookmark the page; and, I haven’t been able to find it since.

By the slightest chance, does anyone else have any idea who might have those cards?

Regards,

Jim

Chaingun

Re: ADC Cards

Post by Chaingun »

Jim

I’m not sure of the cards you mention, but i remember Dave Brown using cards for this very reason when demoing Pickett’s Charge at shows. I think pictures of one of the shows is in the Lard Island blog. From what I remember, they looked like magic cards and if that was the case then you can get a free software called magic set editor, in which you can create your own cards by putting your own picture and description on.

Hope that helps

Lee
https://battlebunkerblog.com Wargaming for fun :D

DCRBrown

Post by DCRBrown »

D,

Yes, they are made using the magic editor set, which is a free download.

You can then easily add text and images of your choice.

DB

dakkadakka

Post by dakkadakka »

The cards that I saw did indeed resemble MTG cards.

Thanks for the help guys - I will see if I can download that editor program and have a crack at making my own.

Regards,

Jim

dakkadakka

Post by dakkadakka »

Guys:

Just a follow-up to the previous post. I did indeed locate that card editor app and was able to create some cards. Sample photo (hopefully) is attached. I keep getting a message saying the board attachment quota has been reached.

If anyone is interested in a copy, PM me with your email address and I’ll be happy to send you the file.

Thanks again for the help!

Regards,

Jim

zabarr

Post by zabarr »

Awesome! PM sent

dakkadakka

Post by dakkadakka »

File sent - let me know if you got it

EQUITES