Army List Generator

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Sailor Tom

Army List Generator

Post by Sailor Tom »

Hi Guys
Happy New Year! Can anyone suggest an army list generator for the Rules? I’ve been spoilt using them for Bolt Action and other games.
Ta

Archdukek

Re: Army List Generator

Post by Archdukek »

Hi,
My advice is pick a campaign you are interested and select a battle from that campaign and look up the Order of Battle for it on Google or Wikipedia or the relevant Osprey Campaign Book. Then select a Division and base your GDA force on that, adding in support from any cavalry attached to the Corps or operating with the Division.

With a bit of research you will find that there is often, though not always, a common pattern to how each army is structured though variations will exist due to the status and reputation of the Commanding General.

John

Sailor Tom

Post by Sailor Tom »

Cheers John

wireme61

Post by wireme61 »

I believe the Chasseur Blog spot has a list Generator for the base rules you may be able to use it is an Excel spreadsheet.
I have modified one Excel sheet for some of the optional rules. But would not want to step on any toes if TFL are going to be making one in the future.

Mark

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Hi Mark,
I can't see TFL, or rather Reisswitz Press, producing anything like an Army List Generator for GDA. I also suspect that the author Dave Brown would be very relaxed about such a player initiative.

John