Question about skirmishers

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Question about skirmishers

Postby Shecky » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:41 am

After purchasing the rules a year ago I finally got to play a game of PC this past weekend at Millenniumcon. Overall the players loved the game and I liked the fact that it rewards the use of period tactics. However, one issue arose that caused us to scratch our heads. Essentially, skirmishers seem very powerful if they can roll 1d6 per stand when firing requiring either a 5&6 or just a 6 to cause one casualty depending on the range.

So in this game the standard sized unit was 6 stands, which we then interpreted the skirmish firing rules to mean they roll 6d6. Looking at the GDA rules the skirmish fire dice are determined by the size of the unit (large, standard, small). Should the same apply to PC?
Shecky

Re: Question about skirmishers

Postby Bep963 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Thanks for enjoying our game!

I'm also curious if we were reading it correctly as well.

Skirmishers seem to shoot well, but then couldn't take a punch, which is as it should be. But they shot very, very well. Hadn't run into that in practice games, we had small units of sharp shooters, but they were 4 bases. They were good but not like a whole regiment going into skirmish.
Bep963

Return to Pickett's Charge