New player with a solo question

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

acctingman

New player with a solo question

Post by acctingman » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:02 pm

I've read on TMP that IABSM can handle the solo player pretty well, but since I find that site "awkward" I thought I'd ask here.

Does IABSM play solo well enough?

I'm also looking at Nuts Large Battles, but I'm not opposed to buying both.

I own CoC and LOVE it, however my group rarely gets together and sometimes I don't want to pack stuff up and drive 30 minutes to chuck some dice. Looking to this for when I want to game in the comforts of my own home!

I'm looking to play 6mm on a 3x3 table.

Thanks

kula66

Re: New player with a solo question

Post by kula66 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:31 pm

I've played a few games, funnily enough in 6mm on a small table and it plays well ... I posted a few photos of games which are now up on vislardica: https://www.vislardica.com/blog/2017/10 ... james-tree

The card/counter sequence completely dictates the play which I find really helps in solo - also good to leave and come back to - you just pick another counter and off you go!

alloydog

Re: New player with a solo question

Post by alloydog » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:32 am

I'm interested to hear how you get on. I bought a copy of the IABSM rules nigh on ten years ago, but never got around to doing anything with them. My situation is now that solo play is practically the only option. I have a bunch of 1/72nd scale 8th Army & DAK figures and am looking at some sort of squad level, skirmish gaming.