Adapting Skirmish Campaigns to IABSM?

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

dsenebrecht

Re: Adapting Skirmish Campaigns to IABSM?

Post by dsenebrecht » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:59 pm

Thanks.

So it seems the # of squads increases by 3-4 times.
and support weapons get doubled.

What about tanks? Is the number doubled from what is listed in the Skirmish Campaign book?

i'm going to assume that if SC shows one truck for each squad then in IABSM each squad gets one truck or halftrack each as the case may be.

dsenebrecht

Post by dsenebrecht » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:25 am

I was referred to the detailed conversion chart by "galvanized yankee" on the yahoo groups page.

i'm all set.

thanks everybody.

m1kel

Post by m1kel » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:41 pm

I'm still struggling here.
If anyone has Heros of Omaha, the first scenario for example for the german OOB has two infantry LMG teams so I guess I just make that 4lmg teams available.
But then there is a small rifle team with squad leader and 3 riflemen. I presume I drop the leader out but do I make the small team a squad?
Conversion guidelines say make squads platoons but lots of small teams in these early scenarios.
Mike

dsenebrecht

Post by dsenebrecht » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:15 pm

hi all:

Is there a definitive answer yet on how many tanks in a Skirmish Campaigns scenarios should be used when translated to an IABSM game? Squads in SC are sized-up to a 3-4 squad platoon, support guns get doubled.....but what about tanks?

MIKE:

There's a statement by the SC folks that says their scenarios are essentially scaled-down versions of the historic data. Going by their conversion info posted here:

http://www.skirmishcampaigns.com/downlo ... oct12.docx

for your question about what to do with
But then there is a small rifle team with squad leader and 3 riflemen. I presume I drop the leader out but do I make the small team a squad?

I would keep the leader and then make it a 9 man rifle