Platoon of AFV

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

PAnz3r

Platoon of AFV

Post by PAnz3r » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:23 pm

Hi,

I'm reading the rules, but a miss a concept: how much action an AFV platoon can do?

The tanks can operate only under an order rule or also 1 by 1? I understand that they can operate in the both ways but with how much action for every AFV?

Their big man works exactly as the ther big man work or they function in a different way?

I'm pretty puzzled about the AFV platoon and I must understand how they work before start our first campaign.

Many thanks.

Kustenjaeger

Re: Platoon of AFV

Post by Kustenjaeger » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:12 pm

Greetings

Almost all AFVs will get 3 actions (this was missing from the rules book). Poor formations get 2 and very good ones 4 but these are exceptions.

If AFVs are acting on a platoon card they can take their actions in the normal way like sections (p18-19).

Otherwise when the platoon Big Man card comes up he can choose to issue one order per CI (p14). Alternatively he can issue a platoon order (p.16) - Transit, Hunt, Engage. Note also the impact of a radio net (p17). This allows him to order all AFV in the platoon if he chooses for one CI. It also gives some advantages in the selected action.

Does this help?

Regards

Edward

PAnz3r

Post by PAnz3r » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:05 pm

So practicaly, if the platoon card is dealt, every AFV could use 3 action per tank, it the big man card is dealt he can use 1 command point to activate single tanks or to command an order for the whole platoon, right?

Questions:
If the platoon card was already dealt the big man cannot issue a platon order right? He can only use CI to leave shock right?
On the next turn, when the platoon card is dealt, a platoon is operating on an order it will exacute it and stop?

Sorry but we still confused

Vis Bellica

Post by Vis Bellica » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:26 pm

Yes: if the platoon card is dealt, then the whole platoon activates i.e. each AFV gets all its Actions.

Yes: if the appropriate Big Man activates, then he can use one command point to activate each single AFV; or use a command point to issue a platoon order.

Yes: a platoon gets a maximum of one go per turn.

Not exactly: an AFV platoon must follow its platoon orders unless countermanded.

Hope that helps

R

PAnz3r

Post by PAnz3r » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:27 pm

Many thanks,I know that is annoing but I will be back with other noob questiions.

On the flight: spotting at nightis written that night will influence visibility but I cant find limitation on this sense