Close combat/melee

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

notjustdon

Close combat/melee

Post by notjustdon »

When an enemy unit comes within 4" of a friendly unit the rules state that a close combat takes place. If a friendly unit is within 4" of the friendly unit being attacked do/can they also be added to the melee, as the melee is now theoretically now within 4" of that unit or is it that they have to be within 4" of the enemy unit from the outset of the melee? My point being that the melee distances come down to zero once the melee begins thus putting the support unit in melee range.

Hope that makes sense.

notjustdon

rim66

Re: Close combat/melee

Post by rim66 »

Okay, I think I follow. Side A moves to attack Side B, coming into 4" of one of Side B's units. Figures are moved forward and close combat occurs. Does an adjacent Side B unit get to join in - only if Side A's attacking unit also comes within 4" of that unit. So, key is, any unit that is within 4" of the enemy gets to join in.

Hope that makes sense?

Kind regards,

Richard aka Monty Lardo

notjustdon

Post by notjustdon »

Thanks, so its within 4"of the enemy from where it is not 4" from a friendly unit that is in the melee.

Zippee

Post by Zippee »

Yes, it has to be that, otherwise you'd have your entire force in combat as each unit within 4" of the next unit was sucked in.