Help for "Operation Compass" scenario ...

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

p.godden

Help for "Operation Compass" scenario ...

Post by p.godden »

For our first action with tanks we're going to fight scenario 12 Bardia Two from the Operation Compass book and I'm seeking some clarification from wiser and more experienced heads... (I should perhaps explain that we're using the edition of the scenarios which falls between v.2 & v.3 of the rules)

- Am I correct in assuming that the Italian armour must exit the table through the wadi to achieve their victory conditions?

- What impediment would the low stone wall that blocks the mouth of the wadi have on the movement of any surviving M11/39's trying to cross it?

- Do the M11/39's use the Vehicle-Mounted Machine-Guns rule on p.9? If so, I'm unsure whether they get the 2d6+3 for twin LMG's, or 2d6 for MMG closed armour...

- What restrictions should there be on the M11/39's using both their hull mounted 37mm's and their turret mounted MG's?

Any advice gratefully received,
Peter.

Vis Bellica

Re: Help for "Operation Compass" scenario ...

Post by Vis Bellica »

Hi Peter

Answers to your questions:

1. Yes: through the wadi

2. It will take a tank one Action to bash a hole in the wall without damaging a track.

3. Yes they do, so if they move they subtract one dice for every Action spent moving. Twin guns in the turret, so they fire with 2d6+3.

4. The tank has a crew of three: commander/radio operator; driver; loader/gunner. That's not very men for quite a few jobs! The IABSMv3 edition of the scenario pack gives the Italian tanks a crew morale of three, and two Actions. So they can technically fire both: one Action to fire the main gun, then one Action to fire the turret guns with 1d6+3.

Hope that helps

R

p.godden

Re: Help for "Operation Compass" scenario ...

Post by p.godden »

Great, just what I had hoped for!

Cheers,
Peter.