BLINDS QUESTION

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

JOHN BOND

BLINDS QUESTION

Post by JOHN BOND »

Hi All
"Recently purchased rules and need some help"
I am considering constructing some Blinds, and need to know if the Blinds need to be numbered with a side note recording what type of Platoon/team it represents?
thanks John

rnaylor1

Re: BLINDS QUESTION

Post by rnaylor1 »

Hi John,

No they don't need to be specific to a particular unit but I number mine so I can assign them to whatever units I'm using in a game - I only do that so I can remember what's where.

Cheers
Richard N

Vis Bellica

Post by Vis Bellica »

I think the important point here is to emphasise that you have to decide what units are under each Blind before you start playing rather than at point of deployment. It's different from CoC, where you can deploy any available unit at any available jump off point: in IABSM a Blind represents a particular platoon.

GavinP

Post by GavinP »

What is the limit for a blind? For example, I have big men in a Co HQ. I want to assign one of them to accompany my lead platoon. Can I do that, or do they have to deploy from a "CO HQ" Blind regardless?

SteveBurt

Post by SteveBurt »

JOHN BOND wrote:Hi All
"Recently purchased rules and need some help"
I am considering constructing some Blinds, and need to know if the Blinds need to be numbered with a side note recording what type of Platoon/team it represents?
thanks John
I put letters on mine (A..M) and then have a piece of paper saying what each is:
A) Dummy
B) 1st platoon + Big Man 2
C) 2" Mortars

And so on.
Then the opponent can say 'I've spotted blind 'C'

A lot of people don't seem to bother identifying blinds, but I find it much easier to do so.
Top tip: Put the cards associated with each group under the figures off table, then you won't forget to add them to the deck.

Top tip 2: If you have the (large) cards which were produced at the same time as IABSM3, you can just use the cards themselves as blinds - they are about the right size, and of course there is no doubt about what each is - just add them to the deck as they get turned over.

SteveBurt

Post by SteveBurt »

GavinP wrote:What is the limit for a blind? For example, I have big men in a Co HQ. I want to assign one of them to accompany my lead platoon. Can I do that, or do they have to deploy from a "CO HQ" Blind regardless?
You decide when assigning stuff at the start of a game. Blind A could be 1st platoon + BM2, blind B might be Co HQ + Mortars and so on.

JOHN BOND

Post by JOHN BOND »

Thanks Rob, Richard and Steve for your input in regards to Blinds.
Had a go at making some Blinds and after completing them I stumbled onto James's post:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=250
which had a link to constructing clear Blinds.
I was very impressed by them and have constructed my own clear Blinds but in an Oval shape.
http://iagsmgm.blogspot.com.au/
thanks John

p.godden

Post by p.godden »

Hi John,
like you I am just starting out with IABSM - tomorrow night with scenario 19 from Operation Compass. Your great card deck has arrived just before kick off! The replies to your recent questions about blinds have clarified some of my concerns as well

Cheers,
Peter.

Vis Bellica

Post by Vis Bellica »

Good luck with the Derna wadi!

JOHN BOND

Post by JOHN BOND »

Thanks Peter, also glad to hear you like the cards, you're a bit ahead of me: I still need to buy some 15mm troops and vehicles and make up some new European terrain.
Sounds like you have a bit of a challenge ahead, by the comment from Rob.
thanks John

http://iagsmgm.blogspot.com.au/