Questions about stonks

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

dakkadakka

Questions about stonks

Post by dakkadakka »

So I’m about to play my first game, using the introductory scenario; and a few questions came to mind concerning the pre-game stonks.

1) do stonks pin every unit under them like normal bombardments do?
2) do you still dice to see if the leaders are hit, based on the number of kills rolled? If so, is the roll based on the casualties of all sections under his command that are under the stonk?
3) can buildings be affected by stonks (eg set on fire, collapse, etc)? If so, how is that adjudicated?
4) if “yes” to #2, if a unit with a leader is hit by multiple stonks, do you roll for leader casualties for each stonk, or add the kills together and make one roll?

Regards,

Jim

Archdukek

Re: Questions about stonks

Post by Archdukek »

Hi Jim,
A stonk would pin any unit caught under it, but by definition these are pre-game events so I would follow the Turn End procedure and remove any pins before the game itself starts.

I don’t usually bother determining Leader casualties in a stonk, but you could though you would need to determine if the section or team he was with took any casualties since a Leader only rolls against kills on the specific unit he is attached to. I’d determine it for each stonk separately, basically treating each as a fire attack during the game.

John
Last edited by Archdukek on Fri May 08, 2020 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

dakkadakka

Re: Questions about stonks

Post by dakkadakka »

John:

It does seem simpler not to dice for leader casualties. It might also make the stonk a little OP if multiple leaders were felled before the game even begins. The logic behind not applying the pins is sound as well, as well as making it a lot simpler.

Thanks!

Jim