Blinds - How big?

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

jonrog1

Blinds - How big?

Post by jonrog1 »

Newbie question I'm afraid. I don't have a copy of the rules as of yet, but how big are the blinds and is the oval shape shown in the YouTube clips mandatory. Was wondering if I could use ready made oval mdf bases. I'm going to be using 10mm.

Many thanks

Jon

Capt Fortier

Re: Blinds - How big?

Post by Capt Fortier »

For 15mm, TFL provide 6.25″x4″ ovals as templates on Lard Island News blog if that helps.
Capt Fortier

“Un optimiste, c'est un homme qui plante deux glands et qui s'achète un hamac.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

I would make them out of paper and then laminate them so as not to risk injury to your figures or terrain.

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

The oval shape represents the area which might be covered by the sections in a platoon who were often deployed 2 up and 1 back or the reverse depending on circumstances. So it’s more appropriate to use an oval than simply drawing a circle around a central point.

I too prefer to use laminated paper but the material doesn’t matter in game terms, though TT makes a good point about avoiding damage.

John

jonrog1

Post by jonrog1 »

Many thanks gents for all the input, I'll follow your advice and go the paper and lamination route, far more flexible long term.

Cheers and stay safe.

J

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Did I mention laminated paper is cheap too? 😉

jonrog1

Post by jonrog1 »

Cheers guys, i was thinking of painted MDF ovals with numbers on, but this is sooo over engineering the issue...laminating is the way to go!! So thanks for saving me from a mini spell of lock-down madness!