Blinds - How big?

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

jonrog1

Blinds - How big?

Post by jonrog1 »

Newbie question I'm afraid. I don't have a copy of the rules as of yet, but how big are the blinds and is the oval shape shown in the YouTube clips mandatory. Was wondering if I could use ready made oval mdf bases. I'm going to be using 10mm.

Many thanks

Jon

Capt Fortier

Re: Blinds - How big?

Post by Capt Fortier »

For 15mm, TFL provide 6.25″x4″ ovals as templates on Lard Island News blog if that helps.
Capt Fortier

“Frapper l'ennemi, c'est bien. Frapper l'imagination, c'est mieux.” - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

I would make them out of paper and then laminate them so as not to risk injury to your figures or terrain.

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

The oval shape represents the area which might be covered by the sections in a platoon who were often deployed 2 up and 1 back or the reverse depending on circumstances. So it’s more appropriate to use an oval than simply drawing a circle around a central point.

I too prefer to use laminated paper but the material doesn’t matter in game terms, though TT makes a good point about avoiding damage.

John

jonrog1

Post by jonrog1 »

Many thanks gents for all the input, I'll follow your advice and go the paper and lamination route, far more flexible long term.

Cheers and stay safe.

J

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Did I mention laminated paper is cheap too? 😉

jonrog1

Post by jonrog1 »

Cheers guys, i was thinking of painted MDF ovals with numbers on, but this is sooo over engineering the issue...laminating is the way to go!! So thanks for saving me from a mini spell of lock-down madness!