how many blinds do you start with?

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Fallschirmjager

how many blinds do you start with?

Post by Fallschirmjager »

Is it 1 blind per platoon in the army? Can some one show me where it says it in the rules. Sorry for being slow :(

Archdukek

Re: how many blinds do you start with?

Post by Archdukek »

Basically a Blind represents a platoon sized unit or smaller. See page 5 first paragraph under Blinds which is repeated in Section 2.1 on page 22.
So yes you should have a blind for each platoon or smaller support unit or HQ in your force.

John

Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

thanks I get the platoon part but not sure about the HQ part.
So lets say I have a Soviet Army in winter war, would I have
1 Blind for my HQ (that includes a rifle squad and 2 light mortars & 4 MMGs) or would I have 1 blind for each of those elements? Seems like a game would be a lot of blinds
Also how do big men fit into this? Do I attach my CiC to the HQ blind? or can he be deployed on to any blind I want him to at the start of the game?

I like the idea and I am interested to try it, I just want to make sure I am playing it correctly

Vis Bellica

Post by Vis Bellica »

Hi
One Blind for that HQ. Generally CiC would start with the HQ element.
Note that some scenarios allow you to parcel out a Company's HQ element between the different platoons e.g. let's take a German company with an HQ element of two MMG teams and three platoons of infantry. Here I could deploy under four Blinds, with one being the HQ element; or I could assign an MMG team to two of the three platoons and deploy as three Blinds. In the former case, the CiC goes with the HQ element; with the latter he attaches to one of the platoons.
Which one to use somewhat depends on the situation. If the company is climbing out of trucks having just arrived, I'd tend towards the former; if the company has arranged itself for an attack or a defence, then either.
Cheers
R