Non units on blinds

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

GavinP

Non units on blinds

Post by GavinP »

I get that while on a blind a platoon is under control and that the Big Men probably have little to do. But what if I have a forward observer on a blind, or to further complicate things is hidden. I can spot from a blind without revealing myself, but I can I request fire without being on table? (I'm assuming possibly erroneously that I can include a FO on a platoons blind without issue)

Let's say I assigned the Coy Commander to 1plt's blind, but I want to move him to help deal with shock on 2plt. Since the rest of 1plt isn't moving, do I use another blind, or put the BM on table?

Archdukek

Re: Non units on blinds

Post by Archdukek »

Hi Gavin
Company HQ's usually have their own blind which in this case could move with the 1st Platoon blnd until you detach it to move separately. If defending you'd simply substitute a blind for the moving Company Commander and his entourage if any.
Can't remember the rules for FOs and don't have access to my rules at present, sorry.

John

Tom Ballou

Re: Non units on blinds

Post by Tom Ballou »

I generally use Concealed blinds. Meaning, for the attacker every piece of concealing terrain is a possible blind. I require the defender to map out his positions, then if he want to move, I force a blind on the table, and they move it from there.

I allow FO/Spotters to call fire from a blind without placement, including concealed blinds.

--Tom
--Tom

Never drive a car when you're dead
--Tom Waits "Telephone Call From Istanbul"