Early War Handbook Queries

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Truscott Trotter

Re: Early War Handbook Queries

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Not sure about that as even a Groupe Franc Motocyclistes cannot get a Groupe Franc Motocyclistes as support!

IronDuke1813

Post by IronDuke1813 »

The 4 man m/c team is a list 2 option for most divisions (The platoon list says you take from whatever division they are part of).

I appreciate the sheer magnitude of these lists, but as you’ve said, some need a little more clarification. I figure as long as it’s historically reasonable, what my mates and I decide to do on club night won’t impact anyone else’s game!

Cheers,

Andrew

Truscott Trotter

Yeah no worries I do not think it is a game breaker and it makes sense, I am just curious as to if there was a reason for only having teams as support choices?
After all it is the only options (apart from Engineering teams and even they get the full section option) that give you a team without the choice of going a full section

batesmotel34

Post by batesmotel34 »

Truscott Trotter wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:58 am
I guess I misunderstood the definition of deployment area.
I just read deployment areas for this as the 3 2x2 areas on the defender's side of the table regardless of where JOPs actually end up.

Chris

poiter50

Post by poiter50 »

I think the same should apply to the Pioneer Squad/s, there should not be a penalty. You already have to pay an extra point for the Pi Sq as against the Engineer Squad. Pioneers were part of the Armoured Divisions, so they should be available to Schutzen troops.
IronDuke1813 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:54 pm
Yes, I had forgotten about the +1 rule when using other lists. I just assumed since they're an important part of a panzer division, there shouldn't have to be a penalty.

nheather

Post by nheather »

Blitzkrieg 1940 book. Page 71, French AFVs.

The Renault R35 and R39/R40 get ‘low profile’ but the Hotchkiss H35 and H39 don’t.

These were pretty much the same tank, some made by Renault, some by Hotchkiss. Some small differences but pretty much the same thing. But most importantly, they were all the same height, so if the Renault versions get ‘low profile’ then the Hotchkiss variants should too.

Cheers,

Nigel

Truscott Trotter

Did anyone query or answer why Brit mortars list 3 in 1939 list?

EDIT: Was asked on p 4 of this thread - no answer I can see?

batesmotel34

Post by batesmotel34 »

Truscott Trotter wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:15 pm
Did anyone query or answer why Brit mortars list 3 in 1939 list?

EDIT: Was asked on p 4 of this thread - no answer I can see?
Given that the mortars and FO are listed in the second List Four section, I'd assume poor proof reading. The entry in the second List Four section should be the List Five section and presumably is the correct one for consistency with other lists.

Chris

Truscott Trotter

Yup got the same answer from Archduke and I agree now I look at it its obvious. Now I wonder if there was something else meant to be in that spot in list 3?

Truscott Trotter

One more for the errata?
Both from here
https://sites.google.com/site/britmilammo/home
15mm BESA
Velocity at 90 feet was 2,900 feet per second at a maximum mean pressure of 22 tsi and penetration was seven out of ten shots must penetrate 27mm armour plate at 100 yards.

Improved Boys .55"
Velocity was increased to 2,900 feet per second and penetration proof was increase to seven out of ten bullets should penetrate 19mm of armour at 100 yards at 20 degrees angle of attack.

In the arsenal the BESA gets AP 1 the Boys AP 2
According to the Coculator the BESA should have AP 3?