using a "2" ... coming from the FAQ thread

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

seldon

Re: using a "2" ... coming from the FAQ thread

Post by seldon »

Excellent rule of thumb to know how to use "2" vs "1"...

thanks !
Francisco

Laffe

Post by Laffe »

I have edited the FAQ thread to reflect this.

/Laffe

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

Right on brother!

hedgehobbit

Post by hedgehobbit »

So, if a 9 man Russian squad splits off a 3-man recon team (which moves more than 4" away), the remaining 6 men are still treated as a squad. But what if a 6 man squad splits into two three man teams? Where is the breakpoint? Also, if US BAR team and rifle teams move apart they are both treated as teams. But what if one of the two teams is wiped out? Is the other team now a section or is it permanently a team? What if they were within 4" of each other when one was wiped out? Can the surviving team activate as a section?

Finally, it was mentioned in Meeples and Miniatures that the British can collect all their Bren teams to form a Bren squad. How does that work? Does it mean that any group of teams all within 4" of each other can be activated with a "2" regardless if they were from the same section originally?

I'm probably over thinking this.

siggian

Post by siggian »

hedgehobit, my thoughts:

The remaining 6 men are still a squad. If you break them into two three man teams, they are still a squad (just operating as two separate teams). For morale purposes, those 3 man teams are more vulnerable to shock effects simply because they only have 3 men.

If one of those teams is wiped out, you should roll on the team wiped out effect. The remaining team is now a squad (but very weak). If the two teams are within 4", they are not two teams, they are a single squad. The merging automatically happens at 4".

As far as the second paragraph goes, I don't know.

JimLeCat

Post by JimLeCat »

Hi,

I would be inclined to say any more than two scouts is splitting the section, so the Soviets can have big scout teams, but at a cost to their command ability over the section.

As to the rest of your examples, I would say you now have teams, not sections.

Lastly, the grouping of Bren teams - you could make that the actual section structure for a historical scenario, but in the basic game I would say you have three teams grouped together, which is why you put a senior leader in charge of them!

Cheers,
Jim

Peter

Post by Peter »

Jim, I'd agree with all that.

Peter