first game

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

wargameroz

first game

Post by wargameroz » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:47 am

well three of us got together in my garage yesterday for our first go at CofC. Given that my table is 27 feet long by 5.5 feet wide Dean chose the section we would use. Richard C was the umpire

basically we went from the river to the first row of buildings and then across to the ridge line

looking back the other way

patrol markers

jump off points

the Brit's are on

now the Germans

more Brit's, somehow I don't think I got the concept of the jump off point's quite right, will have to do some solo play or drum the 18 & 21 year old's in, get them away from FIFA14 :roll:

It went downhill from here, no more photo's as I was getting a bit sidetracked, rolling too many 1's & 2's and not enough 4's although I did manage 2 double 6's in a row

overall good fun, like I said before, before i challenge someone else to a game I will do some solo games and watch the video's but i enjoyed it even though I routed off the table :( :( but I think I'll do the patrolling phase with figures rather than markers and might make up some little markers with bi's and bob's on for jump off points

Simon iz Oz

sunjester

Re: first game

Post by sunjester » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:11 am

Nice pictures and a fantastic table, 27 by 5 and a half feet!

I don't like using card markers, so I've made my own, I've got a scout on a larger round base for the patrol markers and a couple of blokes in foxholes for the jump off points.

ronan

Post by ronan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Good pictures wargameroz ! Thanks !
You're right sunjester.. I should do this.

PatG

Post by PatG » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:26 pm

Amazing table you have there!