Beasts of Lard!

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Captain W Martin

Re: Beasts of Lard!

Post by Captain W Martin »

Totally agree.

NOW is the time to do this really, its such an easy win and supports all the good stuff that demo does.

Arlequín

Post by Arlequín »

What Seret said.

As half of the team for SCW and Abyssinia, I also think they should be within a lists thread too and not stickies in their own right.

The Coculator, CA and FAQ should be stickies, but with all the irrelevant content weeded out. Seriously few people will wade through a ruck of pages of posts, many of which add nothing to the topic in question.

If I need the current version of the coculator, I view it on Seret's blog, as it's far easier to go there to access it there than trying to remember what page of its thread it's on here.

:roll:

No point having free content if it's not readily accessible.

Captain W Martin

Agreed...

I use Hordes for the updated force ratings which isn't right really.

I knwo its a chore and time is limited but its really worth just a quick tidy up now.

oozeboss
Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Australia

Post by oozeboss »

Arlequín wrote:What Seret said.
x2.

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

I may see Monty at the Targe show tomorrow. If I do I will try to mention this to him to give Rich a nudge but it may be beyond Rich's technical capabilities. It certainly would be beyond mine.

John

Arlequín

Post by Arlequín »

Some pretty basic editing of threads, un-stickying and copy+paste to new ones, would actually go a long way towards housekeeping; something humble Mod-fu would usually be capable of on those forums I've worked on in the past.

It's not so much technical as it is time-consuming for the most part, so perhaps he/they would consent to chip away at it, as and when they can? Small changes over time would soon have the desired effect, especially when compared to doing nothing at all.

IMO CoC and Sharp Practice 'should really', as the flagship TFL rule sets, both have their own forum and sub-boards here, given the volume of posts to each board.

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Sub boards is a good idea Arlequin we are about to hit 30,000 posts on CoC several times the number of the other boards put together.

I suspect in amongst all the drivel I post there are some informative gems posted by other member's that might be benficial to sticky. :D

One of the biggest issues I have is not being able yo post files - dunno if there is a way around this with forums?

Maybe we need a TFL dropbox?

Captain W Martin

All that would be good, but first and foremost a good and rapid 'spring clean' to help faciliate any new or potential players looking here after the great work on the Beast demo is all thats required.

Relevant
Current
Often asked for

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Maybe you should PM your list of suggestions to Rich and Monty?
No one else has the power to alter a anything on the site that I am aware of.

mgluteus

Post by mgluteus »

I (and others) have complained about this before. A better search engine would go a long way toward making the improvement discussed her. The present one S**KS! Put in something like 29 Let's Go and get a 1000 replies with "go" in it. And you ae not allowed to insert quotes for it to search for the phrase.