ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH 29, LET'S GO

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

mgluteus

ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH 29, LET'S GO

Post by mgluteus »

The Germans won the first attempt at Flanking St-Germain. He decided to hold and improve his position. This game, Luckily, I won in a convincing manner. The problem is this: I know that the core platoons for each side only fight on 3 of the battlefields and that secondary forces for both sides fight in the Flanking game and one other (I don't have the book in front of me). My question is if more than one battle is fought over the same terrain sequentially as described above, do the Germans carry their casualties for that 2nd game into the second? I know they loose any Marder lost in a previous encounter but what about the men? We left all (German and American) burning vehicles on the table for the second game.
Dick Bryant

batesmotel34

Re: ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH 29, LET'S GO

Post by batesmotel34 »

Dick,

When we played 29 Let's Go, we basically treated the fresh Germans platoons for the "side" scenarios as a normal platoon under the rules and tracked casualties for them normally as long as the fighting continued on the "side" map. The US always received a fresh platoon for each battle we fought so didn't a core platoon and didn't have to track casualties between battles, just The CO's and men's opinions.

Chris

mgluteus

Re: ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH 29, LET'S GO

Post by mgluteus »

Thanks Chris, That's how I wanted to play it but won anyway, giving the Germans a fresh platoon. :mrgreen:

Dick