Blocking entry roads with mine fields

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

mgluteus

Blocking entry roads with mine fields

Post by mgluteus »

I know this has been covered but after about 1 1/2 hours on here and the yahoo site, I could not find anything (the search engine SH**Ts). My opponent is in a position to place two minefields on the table edge across the only entry road for my two (required) tanks. the 12" combine width does not allow me to come on within 6" of the road. This 29 lets go the flanking attack. I understand that Rich said that if the road is so blocked, the tanks can enter elsewhere. Can anyone please point me to Rich's message on this topic? My opponent will only take Rich's pronouncements on rules as the true rule. Others offering opinions do not (in his opinion) count for anything. Thanks
Dick Bryant

Captain W Martin

Re: Blocking entry roads with mine fields

Post by Captain W Martin »

Read this thread.....

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5607

Currently its directly below yours!

oozeboss
Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Australia

Post by oozeboss »

The OP actually initiated both threads as I suspect that he wants a more solid reference point beyond the "Rich once said ... " proffered on that other thread.

For what it's worth, I believe that courtesy, common sense and a commitment to actually playing a game rather than attempting to win by any dodgy means should be the mantra underpinning our collective time spent pushing pretty pewter or plastic toy soldiers around our terrific terrain (or, in my case, being bullied by the vexatious whims of the dice gods).

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Dick,
I seriously think you need to invest in a toffee hammer to use upon your opponent. That is distinctly gamey behaviour. He needs to remember the fundamental rule of all Lard games, "Play the period, not the rules!" If a road entry is blocked by mines then the tanks will divert off road to find another way into battle.

John

Captain W Martin

Post by Captain W Martin »

Yeah that's a fairly lame move tbh...

Archdukek

Post by Archdukek »

Dick,
I've taken the liberty of asking Rich via the CoC Facebook page to take a look at your question. He is more likely to pick it up there when he is on holiday. Hope it helps.

John

TroubleAtTheMill

Post by TroubleAtTheMill »

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Too ... ges/153420 contains Rich's answer to this in the second last paragraph.

I shall forbear from editorialising about your opponent.
Mike Whitaker
Blog: http://troubleatthemill.blogspot.com/
Podcast: The Miller's Tale (see blog)
Club: http://www.peterborough-wargames-club.org.uk/

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

And if je is not a member of that august group?

mgluteus

Post by mgluteus »

I am a member of "that august group" and searched for some answer to my query but no joy. I understand that a single minefield is only 6" wide and one could normally come on within 6" of the road. But if one peruses the map in 29, Lets Go for the Flanking St Germain du Peut, It can be seen that the road entry is so close to the table edge that 2 minefields side-by-side, blocks any attempt at entering within 6". So I am looking for the quote - from Rich that says under such circumstances a tank may come on elsewhere as there is no road entrance.
Dick Bryant

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Well deploying is not couunted as movement-so deploy in the minefield and just sit there and shoot - at the very least it will drive your opponent nuts. :P