Mining a roadblock

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

SEYDLITZ!

Mining a roadblock

Post by SEYDLITZ! »

Probably been discussed elsewhere, but is it possible to mine/booby trap a roadblock?

Truscott Trotter

Re: Mining a roadblock

Post by Truscott Trotter »

No I have not heard this one discussed before
The rules as written do not cover it although you could place a minefield AND a roadblock together
But then your opponent will definitely go around it.

I am sure you could make a house rule to cover scenarios of campaigns where you do this, but I am not sure how you could do it without people noticing it.

So booby trapping the engineers trying to remove the roadblock is possibly a bit hard. especially as all they are going to do is place explosives there themselves!

SEYDLITZ!

Post by SEYDLITZ! »

They have to clear the mines, then the roadblock. That's the point.

Place it in a narrow road with walls or thick hedgerow either side and it's quite an obstacle...

Seret

Post by Seret »

I'd have no problem with an opponent doing that. It's what happens in real life, and the rules don't create any problems.

An engineer section would be able to cope with it.

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

I would go around it - it could take many many phases to clear a roadblock - never had to get rid of one as the tanks just go around it or better yet stay at max range and shoot.

Minefields can also be hard to clear - I could roll 10-20 phases without getting a six - as its only 1 die - again go around it or run through it so not bother trying to clear it unless its a specific scenario

jdg

Post by jdg »

That's usually the point of roadblock & minefields to force you to go around them where the enemy wants you to go.

Charles Eckart

Post by Charles Eckart »

Place a roadblock, maybe with booby trap. Put mines off road on both sides. Cover roadblock and minefields with observed firepower.

Roadblocks, wire, and minefields aren't major obstacles unless covered by fire.

Seret

Post by Seret »

jdg wrote:That's usually the point of roadblock & minefields to force you to go around them where the enemy wants you to go.
Exactly.

Force those wheeled ones off road and cut their movement in half, or make the tracked ones cross hedges and expose belly shots.