Couple of CoC questions

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Nosher

Re: Couple of CoC questions

Post by Nosher »

Richard wrote:Okay, let me see what I can do in the next day or so. Edward is already just about there.

Rich
Cool 8-)

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

I'll do summat now, quickly.

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

Okay. If you reduce the British infantry sections by one rifleman this drops the rating to -1. By two men to -2, by three men to -3. Of course this is removing 3, 6 and 9 men from the platoon as we are assuming a drop across all sections. This will apply to any nation and any regular unit type where you are removing riflemen.

Of course the problem will come when you start removing key weapon teams. I can tell you now that removing a PIAT team or a 2" mortar would reduce the rating by a further 1 in round numbers. Removing Brens and other MGs gets messy, but would you do that? I presume you'd build your squad around the LSW no matter how many men you have.

This is a bit on the hoof, but does that help?

Rich

Kustenjaeger

Post by Kustenjaeger »

Greetings

One thing I'm playing around with is creating lists for ~1943 Soviet organisations using the December 1942 shtaty. At TO&E these would need 4 x 9 man squads with 2 squads having one DP LMG and 2 squads having 1 DP LMG. How would one figure this out compared to the 3 10-man squad organisation in the rulebook?

While it's difficult to tell how strong units actually were, the returns from just before Kursk indicate that there were a lot of LMGs in some of the rifle divisions even if not up to the December 1942 shtaty.

Conversely, if one looks at mid 1941 the revised shtaty show 4 squads of which only 2 have LMGs - hopefully the 1941 lists will include an option for these woefully equipped units.

Regards

Edward

Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Rich,

I think it's clear that Chain of Command is 'going off'. People are thinking about using it for all manner of conflicts and plenty of theatres in WW2. The platoon structure means there are a myriad types of lists that could be constructed.

Can I suggest that you can access a vast pool of untapped resources by providing the end users with a template and 'open source' force list construction guidelines for everyone to use.

That way you get the benefit of all these people working to get CoC up and running ASAP. You can do it on the basis that whom ever does the list will allow you to use it for 'official' use subject to your final approval and refinement. You could consider this a free service that we the end user provides to you - sort of a thank you for doing the hard graft on getting CoC to where it is now.

I have read in snippets here and there that 'this list' and 'that list' is being put together or close to being completed. From that I determine you do have a common source of how force ratings are determined based on a platoon's structure and also how a Support List is put together.

Getting this formalised will massively ease your burden when all these 'standard' lists are completed and subsequently able to be used by you should you choose to do so.

...just a thought.

Rolf

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger »

Fire infantry anti tank weapons at it as there is no rush to action you have the time so use it. Though ideally as others have said you would have a tank to shell the crap out of it till it starts to collapse & be in position to shoot the para's they left.

I wouldn't want to try to get British para's out of a building they did not want to use the only sure tactic would be to offer them unlimited free beer ;)

:evil: Ginger
Dark lord at large....