Pint-Sized campaign model and terrain requirements

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Neil Todd

Re: Pint-Sized campaign model and terrain requirements

Post by Neil Todd »

and with Martlet the two times I have seen it played the Germans don't get to field the Panthers. Others may have different experiences

Seret

Post by Seret »

How did that happen, Neil?

Peter

Post by Peter »

There are limits to the use of the wild card option. If the British are slow, the Germans might not be allowed, or might not choose to use it.
Last edited by Peter on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seret

Post by Seret »

You'd always choose to use it. The Germans are playing for time, it delays the Brits by a turn and they're free troops.

I suppose if the Brits hadn't taken map 3 by turn 6 then the Germans wouldn't be able to. Their campaign would be pretty much over already if they got into that position though.

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

I have 29 Lets Go, Old Hickory and KG Von Luck
Issues are :
29 Lets Go: Not too bad but US need 2-3 Shermans and the Germans need a pak 38/40 and Marders as these are your only major support choices. Terrain is reasonable - no big villages.
Old Hickory needs lots of US ATG - Four M5 3" anti-tank guns,Two M3 57mm anti-tank guns - whilst they are not all on table at once at least 50% are in most games. Last scenario needs 12 houses - I only have 4 so far.
KG Von Luck 15cm Lorraine SPG seems to be an important part of this one for digging out the Paras. Pak 40 SPG is also on the list but not as essential. Village of 9 houses requires and a complete table of crops.

Whilst it is true you can sub other vehicles (if you have them) it does make for a disincentive for some players. Some people do not like it when you say my Tiger is a Marder etc.

Seret

Post by Seret »

Truscott Trotter wrote: KG Von Luck 15cm Lorraine SPG seems to be an important part of this one for digging out the Paras. Pak 40 SPG is also on the list but not as essential. Village of 9 houses requires and a complete table of crops.
The SP howitzer is a must have. We subbed in a Wespe for it as there wasn't a 28mm model available at the time (there is now). The SP AT won't be used, as the Brits have no vehicles and it's a poor anti-infantry vehicle. The Unic half tracks might put in a show, though.

For the fields in the first mission we just used a brown cloth. Not exactly eye candy, but we didn't fancy making loads of terrain that would only ever get used once.

Lightbulb

Post by Lightbulb »

Thanks all so far.

I cracked and bought all but KGVL so I'll try and add to the post myself soon, work permitting.

Keithandor

Post by Keithandor »

Is there a simple Generic campaign that uses the standard force selection from the main book ?

Magpie

Post by Magpie »

In the Campaign rulebook there is
CoC Calculator (Excel spreadsheet to calc platoon and list levels)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvpypn0mi75y7 ... .xlsx?dl=0

Post additions/corrections to the CoC Calcualtor
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4423