Pint-Sized campaign model and terrain requirements

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

Lightbulb

Pint-Sized campaign model and terrain requirements

Post by Lightbulb »

Has anyone summarised the terrain and model requirements for the various Pint-Sized campaigns?

I'm thinking of buying one or two, likely to play through solo as I'm without an opponent at the moment, or maybe to try and get some players on board.

I'm aware Kampfgruppe von Luck has some unusual German vehicles and whilst I could proxy them, or replace them I'd rather buy one which I have the models for.

Do any of the other campaigns have unusual vehicles or terrain requirements?

For example if one is primarily fought within a town I don't have the terrain for that, and again I'd rather avoid it.

Thanks!

Truscott Trotter

Re: Pint-Sized campaign model and terrain requirements

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Unfortunately the 3 I have all have those restrictions thats why I stopped buying them until I find someone with a copy to check first

Lightbulb

Post by Lightbulb »

Which three are those?

Magpie

Post by Magpie »

Might be a good file for the community to create, amongst all of us here we'd probably own them all.
CoC Calculator (Excel spreadsheet to calc platoon and list levels)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvpypn0mi75y7 ... .xlsx?dl=0

Post additions/corrections to the CoC Calcualtor
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4423

Seret

Post by Seret »

From the ones I've played:

5 Platoon doesn't require anything much special, neither side have many vehicles. You'll need to represent some decent sized patches of forest.

Kampfgruppe von Luck will require an oddball SP howitzer and half track for the Germans. You'll need a few buildings including a church and a chateau.

Op Martlet really only requires an AVRE, we've been proxying in a regular Churchill. The rest of the stuff you need (PzIV, Shermans, AT guns) you've probably got, although you will need two each of a Panther and SdKfz 250. Terrain requirements are pretty light.

Magpie

Post by Magpie »

What actual troops do you need for each of those ?

Seret

Post by Seret »

5 platoon and KvL are British Paras vs Germans (infantry in the first case, panzergrenadiers in the second). Martlet is PzGrens vs regular British infantry.

batesmotel34

Post by batesmotel34 »

29 Let's Go is Germans vs. Americans and only needs standard M4 Shermans for the US and Marder IIIs for the Germans for vehicles. Terrain is also straight forward since it's before hedgerow country.

Chris

redmist1122

Post by redmist1122 »

I have three pint size campaign booklets; 29 Lets Go, Old Hickory and Winter-storm.

For winter storm, you can get away with any variant of Soviet forces to fill in for Partizan, dismounted cav, SMG platoon and regular infantry. Unique vehicles for Germans would be Panzer IIIs and Soviet T34/76s and 2 T-70s. The terrain is mostly open with some patches of woods. Of the 22 scenarios 10 are in open, others have various buildings, a bridge and train tracks.

Old Hickory will require 5 American 3" anti-tank guns, but you can get away with two and 2 57mm A/T guns, but can get away with one and a .50 cal team. The amount of A/T guns threw me off for a week or two until I got an order in...but worth it. There are various amounts of support points you get, mostly for the Germans, so if you want Big stuff you may need a Panzer IV, Panther,Stug III or a LeIG.18. Terrain is typical buildings. train tracks and a bridge.

For 29 Lets Go, typical A/T guns for Germans; Pak 38 and 40, and the LeIG.18. They do call for some Hilfswillinge Volunteers. The Americans will need 3-4 Sherman's and a .50 cal team. Terrain is typical buildings, roads, hedges, trees and a one time use of "Rommel's Asparagus".

All in all if you can field a regular Panzer Grenadier platoon, American Armored Rifle Platoon or a Soviet Rifle Platoon, you should be okay with the minor support weapons they have attached. These pint size booklets are all well worth the small amount of money they costs...especially the Winterstorm.

Looking forward to more campaign booklets. Oh BTW I haven't bought the other ones only because I don't have any Brits.

Hope this little information helps.
Greg P.
Tucson, AZ, USA

Magpie

Post by Magpie »

OPERATION MARTLET,

British
Base force :
Standard Infantry Platoon as per CoC Rulebook
Support lists :
Infantry :
Medical Orderly, Engineer Demolition Team, Adjutant
PIAT Team, 2” mortar Team,Sniper Team
Regular Infantry Section, Forward Observer, Vickers MMG
Guns:
6 pounder,17 Pounder
Vehicles:
Jeep or Car,M4 Sherman, Sherman Firefly, Churchill AVRE

German
Base force :
Standard Pz Grenadier Platoon as per CoC rulebook, No PSK team or PF in squads. Add 3 x PF with PL Hq, can be distributed to squads.
Single Pz IV H
Support lists :
Infantry :
Medical Orderly, Engineer Demolition Team, Adjutant,Senior Leader
Additional single Panzerfaust 30, Panzergrenadier five rifle +JL with SMG, Forward Observer, MG42 MMG,
Guns:
leIG.18,Pak 40
Vehicles:
SdKfz 251/10,SdKfz 251,Panzer IV G/H,Panther

Wild Card:
2 x Panther
2 X Sdkfz 250/1 with JL + MG42 3 crew

Terrain:
Fields, open and crops.
Orchards, Hedges
Roads, paved and dirt
Up to 10 stone 2 story buildings, up to 5 wooden "barns"