Amphibious Assault Scenario

Moderators: Vis Bellica, Laffe

l'audace

Re: Amphibious Assault Scenario

Post by l'audace »

Here is version 2 with some changes highlighted in bold.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B37Y0 ... C1BSkd2UFk

Some of the changes include: extending the beach from 8" to 12" which also changed how close to the waters edge the defenders JOP can be located.

I ditched the mobile JOP concept for treating the LC or AT according to the "Armoured Personnel Carrier" rules.

The other big change was instead of giving the attacker 'free' LC or AT and pre-game bombardment the attacker now adds those numbers to their force totals which may allow the defender to have additional equivalent supports.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Jim
Teufelhunden

Post by Teufelhunden »

Good work Jim.

I think an Amphibious Assault scenario, just like an actual assault, is going to be complex to nail down, but you're off to a good start. Definitely looking forward to seeing more playtests, and how they turn out.
l'audace

Post by l'audace »

Thanks,

I might be able to do a playtest with a local group in a few weeks.

I'll post an AAR and update.

Jim
jony663

Post by jony663 »

This looks like you are off to a good start. As someone that has famed Tarawa at all levels I can bring a couple of suggestions. While the LC and AT would fire the passengers were more concerned about be ready getting off the landing craft and into battle. Personally I would not allow them to fire, it is a moving vehicle with limited firing arcs and other passengers really concerned about their firing. Second the placement of the LC and AT as JOP as before the game will be sceanario driven based on the defenders tactics. In many battles the defenders did not fire until the ramps were down. Looking forward to hearing more.