Weapons Ratings...

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

hedgehobbit

Re: Weapons Ratings...

Post by hedgehobbit »

Richard wrote:The M1919 is an oddity as its a bipod LMG with an additional leg!
If this is the case, I suggest removing the reference to bipods and tripods from the master arsenal table and page 36. Group MGs as "Magazine LMG", "Belt-fed LMG" and "MMG or HMG". It's cleaner and then the game rules reflect the terminology used by the various armies. The only exception I can think of is the Italian Breda M37.

Stef Cascarini

Post by Stef Cascarini »

We played the M1919A4 as a belt fed LMG when used by US paras. But it seems to have been heavy and with the tripod as well it seemed reasonable for it to have the move/fire restrictions of a tripod MMG rather than LMG.

hedgehobbit

Post by hedgehobbit »

Stef Cascarini wrote:We played the M1919A4 as a belt fed LMG when used by US paras. But it seems to have been heavy and with the tripod as well it seemed reasonable for it to have the move/fire restrictions of a tripod MMG rather than LMG.
I have no problem with that. However, something like this should definitely be spelled out in the rulebook. It's not exactly a rare piece of kit.

Truscott Trotter

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Not since they made the miniseries anyway :D

Tom Ballou

Post by Tom Ballou »

FWIW I have played the M1919A4 as an LMG with the tripod restrictions. The later M1919A6 is just a straight up LMG.

In Band of Brothers, you get a number of good looks at them setting up and using the A4 version when the hit the gun battery. Later in the series you see the A6, it's a very different beast.
--Tom

Never drive a car when you're dead
--Tom Waits "Telephone Call From Istanbul"