Help Rallying Points of Shock

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

m1kel

Help Rallying Points of Shock

Post by m1kel »

Hi,
Can someone please clarify, even Richard would do?
Section 4.5.3 rally shock
From reading this it would appear that a junior officer attached to a team in Los of enemy can remove one point of shock using his ci per phase and another attached leader may do the same, or it may mean that a junior officer can use both ci to remove two points, a senior officer could remove 3 more and a ranking officer 4 more.
Just wanted to raise this under a more descriptive title as it was being discussed under why do units fight to the last man.
Thanks,
Mike

Derek H

Re: Help Rallying Points of Shock

Post by Derek H »

You can ask the question in as many places as you like, the answer will remain the same.

The leaders can remove as many shock as they use CIs.
All the Lard News in one place - Lard Central http://www.netvibes.com/lardcentral
Pimping my blog - Dereks Wee Toys http://dereksweetoys.com/

hedgehobbit

Post by hedgehobbit »

In the YouTube videos, Rich uses his platoon sergeant to removes multiple shock from the same team on several occasions. Check out the end of part four.

m1kel

Post by m1kel »

Look Derek. Not quite sure what axe you have to grind here. If you are so sure just leave this alone please and play it your way. I've raised this under a proper subject heading to see if perhaps Richard or someone might adjudicate. I have no issue which way the ruling falls. But I would rather understand it from some one who wasn't involved in the previous discussion because frankly you seem to be turning it into some sort of argument. I just want to ask a question if that's ok?
Mike

Kevin Fisher

Post by Kevin Fisher »

Hi Mike,

There is no axe to grind. The Yahoo Group has been used for 10 years to ask questions and get answers from those that play the games. Richard is one man who has to cover a huge amount of rules writing, question answering, company running, supplements creation and does not always have time to answer questions that others can, and will, answer. The group has worked this way for 10 years and doesn't get bogged down with arguments like many forums that you could name. People aren't trying to wind anyone up they are just trying to help. A post above has indicated that Richard rally's more than one point of shock in one of the YouTube videos. Perhaps you could check that out?

Thanks - and not trying to start an argument, Kevin.

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger »

1 This is a lardie forum lardies are a bit mad but generally helpful lot do not make the mistake of thinking it runs like other - lesser foums's ;)

2 you asked reasonable question but the answer is and is always going to be a leader can rally one shock per command initiative he uses to rally shock. That is the way its worked since at least Troops weapons and tactics except they called them wounds back then.

3 as has been said Richard is a busy man & at present a poorly one having caught some sort of D&V virus & in the absence of Richard & because the search system of Yahoo groups was so rubbish you could never find previous answers for the question to chip in and help, granted we did not always get it right but we do mostly & given the Kriegspiel nature of lardie games some times there isn't a right answer as such.

4 stick round you will get used to us, & we will all have fun and no agro.

:evil: Ginger
Last edited by EvilGinger on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dark lord at large....

Richard
Site Admin

Post by Richard »

Right chaps, let us play nicely please.

Apologies for my absence, I have been away and then caught the Lurgie.

Mike. Thanks for raising this point, it is clearly an issue for some consideration and clarification.

You say:

From reading this it would appear that a junior officer attached to a team in Los of enemy can remove one point of shock using his ci per phase and another attached leader may do the same,

I say: That is correct.

You continue: or it may mean that a junior officer can use both ci to remove two points, a senior officer could remove 3 more and a ranking officer 4 more.

I say: Yes, that is also correct. I don't see a conflict between the two. In essence, any leader attached to a unit can use one command initiative to remove a single point of shock. He may duplicate that in any turn up to the limit of the number of how many command initiatives he has.

You say: Just wanted to raise this under a more descriptive title as it was being discussed under why do units fight to the last man.

I say: That's absolutely fine. A very pragmatic approach.

I hope I have answered your question. Please do feel free to bounce back for clarification if required.

All the best

Richard

Polkovnik

Post by Polkovnik »

It's probably one for the FAQ seeing as how people seem to be having some difficulty with it.

m1kel

Post by m1kel »

Thanks all for your help. Hope you don't mind if I say especially Richard. ;)

I didn't actually raise this initially but the more I looked at the rules the more I could see it being taken both ways ie that only one point could be removed max per leader per round or as explained here.

Thanks for clarification.
Mike

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger »

its what we are here for especially Richard

:evil: Ginger
Dark lord at large....