1940 German List

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

black cavalier

1940 German List

Post by black cavalier »

Hi, sorry if this has been brought up before, I scanned to forum for other posts that might have covered it.

I noticed the 1940 german list arsenal table has the Pz IVs broken up in groups of A, B-C & D.

But List Four includes Pz IV A-C, & List Five includes Pz IV B-C & D. So it looks like Pz IV B-C are listed twice.

Should List Four only include Pz IV A?

Truscott Trotter

Re: 1940 German List

Post by Truscott Trotter »

My copy of the pdf has PIVA only in 1939 list so I assume it should be t same in the 1940 list
However the 1940 list has 2 listing for PIV in section 5 one for D and one for B-C so I would assume section 4 should be PIV A alone?
Also the Stug III should really be Stug IIIA etc to be in line with later entries?

EvilGinger

Post by EvilGinger »

I am sure that the Panzer IV A's which had thin armour where upgraded to B or C standard before France

:evil: Ginger
Dark lord at large....

hedgehobbit

Post by hedgehobbit »

The StuG has an HE value of 3 even though it uses the same gun as the early PzIV which has an HE value of 6. Looks like a copy-paste error.

Kustenjaeger

Post by Kustenjaeger »

Greetings
hedgehobbit wrote:The StuG has an HE value of 3 even though it uses the same gun as the early PzIV which has an HE value of 6. Looks like a copy-paste error.
I agree.

Edward