Stalingrad @ CanCon

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Truscott Trotter

Re: Stalingrad @ CanCon

Post by Truscott Trotter »

Wow that sounds like a lot of work, although if you wanted a full plt with 4 sections without repeats you would still need to do a bit of conversion even now.
What list did you use?
PS Sorry for the threadjack but since you haven't posted any piccies......... ;)

Monty1954

Post by Monty1954 »

TT you can play the Warsaw uprising against me I have my polish AK all done

Cassill

Post by Cassill »

I saw the tables @ Cancon on the weekend - Looked great!

Has anyone done a write up of the action with some pics?
See my blog for all things table top and board gaming https://curiajulia.blogspot.com/

Cassill

Post by Cassill »

Thanks Poiter50!
See my blog for all things table top and board gaming https://curiajulia.blogspot.com/

oozeboss
Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Australia

Post by oozeboss »

Outstanding report, @poiter50, but jeez louise I am feeling utterly compromised.

I can seriously see myself going full boar to play in the 2017 version even if it means sucking it up and putting my focus on the Blitzkrieg period aside for a bit in order to do up whatever it takes to get a command.

(And a PNG campaign would suit me fine - Japanese are already painted/ Australians collected & ready to rock and roll.)

Kudos to all involved! (And I hope something similar can be put together for MOAB in October ..... )

poiter50

Post by poiter50 »

Thanks but I simply reposted Bart Beswick's report from the FB CoC page. I have been so impressed with the Cancon CoC game from the start, wish I had been able to include the weekend with an upcoming Melb trip for the Edinbugh Tattoo in Oz.

micstri

Post by micstri »

To answer the question about organising the forces across multiple tables, the CanCon CoC megacampaign had an off-table commander-in-chief for each side. Neither CiC played CoC on a table.

In conjunction with his platoon commanders, the CiC determined the mission objective for each table based on his overall battle plan. During each game the CiC monitored progress and also gave moral support. On occasion the CiC changed a players orders as opportunities arose during games.

Each player brought their platoon with a few supports. They kept their supports through the campaign if they didn't get destroyed. The CiCs had control of all other support forces, and allocated them to each platoon at the beginning of each game. There was a simple system to decide the number of support points each CiC had available at the beginning of a game.

There were limited numbers of support that had to last the whole campaign. As the German CiC I ran out of infantry reinforcements by the last battle of the campaign.

Seret

Post by Seret »

Congrats to all those running the event, sounds like it was superb!

wargamer

Post by wargamer »

Wondering what army lists were used for the games?

Thanks

Greg