Still needs one input

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

Game master

Re: Still needs one input

Post by Game master »

Still can't seem to get these to come out right and it's getting very frustrated and I can't find anything helpful online or even from the ppl that have these actual pieces of terrain ... I'm going on 5 times I've reprinted these and still can't get a realistic look smh !!!!!

batesmotel34

Post by batesmotel34 »

Maybe you should post pictures of your latest effort to get more concrete suggestions. The previous suggestions to use a medium brown combined with a darker wash in the low spaces and dry brushing with a light brown/tan on the high points should give a reasonable effect I would think if not as nice as adding some sand or other texturing might.

Chris

agent_pumpkin

Post by agent_pumpkin »

You might be able to get rubberized horse hair from ebay. Have you checked there?

For the ploughed fields I would recommend the sprinkling sand method, as advised earlier, on the the field over pva to get a texture. When its dry paint as desired. You'll find the textured sand will take a dry brush highlight very well and should give you what you need. The more sand you have the more texture, Just remember to tap away any excess before it starts to dry.
Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Game master

Post by Game master »

That's what I have but for colors to paint is where I'm stumped
Attachments
image.jpg

Game master

Post by Game master »

I still need to flock the hedges witch after the current game of coc were playing at the club the AAR is going up as soon as this is done
Attachments
image.jpg

pedivere

Post by pedivere »

perfect

Game master

Post by Game master »

On the textured field I'm looking for a darker plowed field look with the stones I just don't know how to get there

pedivere

Post by pedivere »

drybrush it?

Game master

Post by Game master »

Lol ik about dry brushing I'm looking for what colors to use gaming with silver whistle has a great look on his but idk how he achieved the look
Attachments
image.jpg

pedivere

Post by pedivere »

use some brown that you lighten up with white, in order to achieve a less warmer tone