Still needs one input

Moderators: Laffe, Vis Bellica

pedivere

Re: Still needs one input

Post by pedivere »

yup, that's what I meant
moisture alters the tension of cardboard, the less dense, the more.
wash is moist, thinned PVA is too (the finer the grain of what You want to texture with PVA, the thinner it should be, in order to bind better)
there is the danger of warping, unless the cardboard is fixed properly on the mdf. but this should be the case already, plus, the card has already some coats of acrylic on it, so it might not be a problem after all.
But I thought I'd mention it, we don't want your modelling ruined ;)
please let us see the result

Game master

Post by Game master »

I deff will you can check out my blog for for other terrain I've made and when these fields are done I will post it on there and here ... I'm making a garden piece with a fence around it as we'll along with a hedge row piece .. I wish we had that synthetic hair over here in the states like over in the uk but I uses something that has a similar look .. That's on my blog as we'll I hope this painting method works too Iwas making all the pieces and textured and sprayed them today tomorrow I'll get as much painting done as I can .. You guys been a great help !! If you get a chance check out the blog historicalgamingguide.blogspot.com

Game master

Post by Game master »

Do you guys have any pictures of your fields?

pedivere

Post by pedivere »

sorry, no pictures

great blog, I just checked it out

good luck with Your gaming

Game master

Post by Game master »

How do you get the synthetic hair that everyone in the UK seem to use for there hedgerows ?

pedivere

Post by pedivere »

sorry, I never used it myself. All I know is: it's rubberized horsehair that is used in matresses and furniture. If you don't have a source for it, you will need to look at the production end

The flying Buffalo

Post by The flying Buffalo »

We don't really make single fields. We use a teddy bear fur for the main base and add terrain on top of that. It makes perfectly good fields without effort.
Attachments
image.jpg

Game master

Post by Game master »

Do you know of a web site to ship it to the states ? I found woollies in the uk thought I hit the jack put but then went I go to check out they wanted to charge me 90 pounds for shipping !!!! I emailed them about it but can't seem to find it any where else and I'm extremely disappointed ... Flying buffalo your table looks incredible !!!

Game master

Post by Game master »

It looks like you used that rubberized horse hair do you know somewhere I could order it from ... A place in the states has hog hair with something else they say looks and feels like horsehair but I'm having second thoughts on it and want to make sure I get the real deal !! I've placed the order already for just 20 bucks but want to cancel if I can find the horsehair with out 90 pound shipping

The flying Buffalo

Post by The flying Buffalo »

Modelshop.co.uk don't know if they ship it. But worth a look